Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Katinahat

1. Banned
    Banned

Katinahat

Advertisements
    I totally understand now why you hate the book Potty. We checked it out at the library a couple weeks ago, and tonight Cameron had me read it to him for 15 minutes straight. I don't even need to look at the pages anymore, I just read it on autopilot. I have to hide it from him so he doesn't have me read it over and over and over and over to him.

Oh! And we signed him up for the summer reading program at the library. Our goal is 500 minutes (you get a free meal at Applebees, and we figured that would be something fun for his birthday), and we are already at 190 minutes! I figured that you of all people would understand my excitement about that.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Omgggggg that stupid book! Like, if it gets her to use the potty, then I'm game. But it's SO mind-numbing lol.

That is SO cool!! I wish our libraries had something like that. I check out like 15 books a month for her, in addition to all of her books we read at home. It would be so awesome to have a program for early readers!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Banned
    Banned
    There was one day (and only one day) where the tinkle tinkle toot page made him cry. Once we got to that page, he freaked out. We have no idea why since he's totally fine with it now, but that day he did NOT like that page. I read it backwards, we look at the colors...pretty much anything to avoid reading the same. damn. thing. over and over again.

I was really excited that we were able to sign up. When I was a kid, you had to be in kindergarten to sign up for the program, and I think that is stupid. In order to reach our goal, we have to read for 10 minutes a day, but most days we read for at least 20 minutes or more. I love how much he loves books. I always let him pick out a couple of books at the library, and he gets so excited. He picked out a baby sign language book and a touch/feel book this time. He freaking LOVES that signing book! We may keep it up and get more of them since he responds so well to it.