Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VINOOOOOO! And other cat people :)

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Vet and cat people :)

Advertisements
    Is anxiety something worth taking my kitty boy to the vet over, or is it something I should just try to manage at home?

Any sudden movement or noise scares the ever living crap out of him. If he's laying near one of us and we sneeze he jumps, claws come out and we feel the burn. This is my biggest concern because once the baby is here I feel like it's only going to get worse.

We were watching tv from the couch one night, he was laying on the back of it. A door opened ON THE SHOW and he freaked out, jumped over us, onto our table and knocked a bunch of stuff over. Just now he was sleeping under the coffee table, and I put some garbage in a paper bag and he jumped so high he moved the glass from hitting his head. This stuff happens multiple times a day

I feel like at this point it's not only an issue of frustration for us but it could be hurting him. It's getting worse and worse each day, but nothing has changed in the apartment that should make him suddenly feel unsafe. With the big move as well as new brother coming up I'm worried it's just going to put him over the edge and I want to do anything I can to help him.
    Last edited by Franky.; 06-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    get him some cat nip. Mellow out mon.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    get him some cat nip. Mellow out mon.
    We got him some for Christmas thinking it would mellow him out but he just goes crazy! I've never seen him so active!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Have you tried a thundershirt? It might help.

Thundershirt For Cat Anxiety | Thundershirt.com

If you've tried everything and it is really impacting his day, I'd take him in to the vet just to find out what your options are.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboysGirl View Post
    Have you tried a thundershirt? It might help.

Thundershirt For Cat Anxiety | Thundershirt.com

If you've tried everything and it is really impacting his day, I'd take him in to the vet just to find out what your options are.
    Well it's definitely worth a shot! I just wonder if it would work, since even if we're cuddling him and comforting him he can still get so startled. But I'm willing to try anything at this point
  6. Regular Member
    Let me know how your cat likes the Thundershirt if you try them. I saw them at the pet store today and they look like they may be helpful for PCS time. One of my cats doesn't like to travel and she howls the entire time she is in the car. -_-
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by kimthenole View Post
    Let me know how your cat likes the Thundershirt if you try them. I saw them at the pet store today and they look like they may be helpful for PCS time. One of my cats doesn't like to travel and she howls the entire time she is in the car. -_-
    I will definitely let you know if we go that route
    Last edited by Franky.; 06-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.