Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Military Members!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Future Military Members!

Advertisements
    I know there are a few of us who are in the process or thinking about becoming military members so I figured I'd make a thread!

How is everyone doing? Any updates on the process?
  2. Senior Member
    Hey hey! I'm Anna.
    I am in the process of joining the Air Force! I took the ASVAB in April, then went to MEPS in the middle of may. Last week I got my job area (open electronics), and I ship November 5th!!

It seems soooo far away though! I am so excited that the process is pretty much done though, FOR REAL. I had weird visions of it lasting like forever. When I went to MEPS, I went with a guy my recruiter was shipping to basic... and he had been in the DEP for like 10 months. nooo thank you. Glad it wasn't me.

How is it going for you?
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazypasta View Post
    Hey hey! I'm Anna.
    I am in the process of joining the Air Force! I took the ASVAB in April, then went to MEPS in the middle of may. Last week I got my job area (open electronics), and I ship November 5th!!

It seems soooo far away though! I am so excited that the process is pretty much done though, FOR REAL. I had weird visions of it lasting like forever. When I went to MEPS, I went with a guy my recruiter was shipping to basic... and he had been in the DEP for like 10 months. nooo thank you. Glad it wasn't me.

How is it going for you?
    Trust me. The time will FLY by. Enjoy your summer

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It's nice to meet you Anna, I'm Amber Congrats on getting your ship date! That's so exciting. I hope time flies by quickly for you!

Right now I'm just working my butt off at the gym to meet the Army requirements, which will hopefully be the end of the month at latest. I'm so anxious! I'm also worried about having to wait forever to leave but my recruiter said it shouldn't take that long; let's hope so! But other than that I've done all I can up until having to actually go to MEPS and I have my prospective jobs picked out.
  5. Senior Member
    Have fun at MEPs lol... everyone made it seem so horrible, but it didn't seem that bad when I went. The doctor was actually really nice. There were only like 4 girls processing that day so everything got done really fast for us so maybe he just had better patience. I heard the boys had a really mean doc who kept yelling at them when they did the exercises.

The only two people who seemed genuinely nasty was the lady who gave me the eye exam and the guy who interviewed me at the end. He got pissed at me because I said something other than "Yes Sir" "No Sir". Mostly it is just super boring. But I met a ton of nice people to chat with, so it wasn't really that bad. Make sure you're pretty calm/not nervous when they take your blood pressure/heart rate because I saw like 5 people get TDQ'd on the spot for that plus they redid a bunch others. They had to come back another day. It was the first thing they did to all the people processing so I think a lot of people were just really nervous.

Good luck on the weight loss!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    Trust me. The time will FLY by. Enjoy your summer
    Thaaanks, I'm hoping so! I know, soon enough I will miss these days of doing practically nothing but right now they can't end soon enough.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Have fun at MEPs lol... everyone made it seem so horrible, but it didn't seem that bad when I went. The doctor was actually really nice. There were only like 4 girls processing that day so everything got done really fast for us so maybe he just had better patience. I heard the boys had a really mean doc who kept yelling at them when they did the exercises.

The only two people who seemed genuinely nasty was the lady who gave me the eye exam and the guy who interviewed me at the end. He got pissed at me because I said something other than "Yes Sir" "No Sir". Mostly it is just super boring. But I met a ton of nice people to chat with, so it wasn't really that bad. Make sure you're pretty calm/not nervous when they take your blood pressure/heart rate because I saw like 5 people get TDQ'd on the spot for that plus they redid a bunch others. They had to come back another day. It was the first thing they did to all the people processing so I think a lot of people were just really nervous.

Good luck on the weight loss!
    Thank you! A lot of the people that work at the MEPS station here seem miserable, so I hope the doctors are nicer :/ ill try to stay calm but it's nerve wrecking just thinking about it lol
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Thank you! A lot of the people that work at the MEPS station here seem miserable, so I hope the doctors are nicer :/ ill try to stay calm but it's nerve wrecking just thinking about it lol
    haha yeah. I was a nervous wreck leading up to MEPS lol... I pretty much googled every single little thing that could go wrong. but honestly, they process so many people that i felt kind of like a cattle for the most part. I expected them to pay a ton of attention to minor things, and they really don't. it was kinda awkward doing all those exercises in our undies in front of a male doctor though.
  9. Senior Member

haha yeah. I was a nervous wreck leading up to MEPS lol... I pretty much googled every single little thing that could go wrong. but honestly, they process so many people that i felt kind of like a cattle for the most part. I expected them to pay a ton of attention to minor things, and they really don't. it was kinda awkward doing all those exercises in our undies in front of a male doctor though.

the underwear olympics

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    the underwear olympics
    yessss. at one point my boobs kept falling out of my bra and it was super awkward. he let me do that exercise later privately with my shirt on.
Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast