Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Debra!!!

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

Debra!!!

Advertisements
    Ask any questions you have and give me details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    He's there right now. Got in this morning (your time). Just got off of Skype with him. He has work his has to do at the shipyard but then is hitting Target/Walmart for me & checking out areas, etc.

By the way, have you eaten at Shenanigan's in Tacoma? He said it was near (or on, I forget which) the water. He said it was so yummy!
    I have not eaten at shenanigans. Never heard of it! Has he been doing stuff down in Tacoma? You're still coming to Everett and not Bremerton, right?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey there! Yes we are still going to Everett. DH is doing work for here. He is on the tugboats here & they have new ones that built in Seattle. He has to go to WA often to inspect, do a sea trial & then accept each new tugboat before it is shipped here. So he is there doing that right now.

Some other friends said he had to try Shenanigan's & that is was super good. And since he has a rental car, he & the other guys he has with him decided to go.

Would you tell me your top 3 areas you would look at, please?! Remember we have kids so we need to be near good schools. We haven't decided if we are going to live in PPV or rent a house for the time being until after the deployment. Definitely after we are buying a house. He has suggestions that bmason & others have given me but I'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

What areas should we absolutely avoid? And we don't mind driving so further away from base is not an issue.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  3. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I don't know what PPV stands for. But there are plenty of places in Everett that are good, although I can tell you which neighborhoods I would avoid. Mukilteo/Harbour Pointe pretty much all around is AWESOME. I would say Lake Stevens is really good, but you would have to fight the tressel in the mornings (or rather your DH would) to get to the base in Everett, so that's a preference thing you may not like-but Lake Stevens is still pretty good. Marysville isn't bad, but .. I dunno. I'd still choose Mukilteo or Lake Stevens over that.

I don't think there are many places you should avoid-it's all pretty good-minus downtown Everett-that can be a bit sketch. It's not like the area around Ft. Lewis where Lakewood and Parkland and University Place are all ghetto. (Ian lives in Lakewood )

I'm not sure how far you'd care to drive. But if you wanted to go further out, Mill Creek, Bothell, Woodenville- those are good places.
  4. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    are you out there??

I wanted to formally ask you if you'll be my encouragement/accountability partner for my weight loss. I neeed a lot of support to manage this thing. I don't have anyone here in WA that would be as involved as i'd like..... and then when you get here we can work out together sometimes.. yeah?
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    AAAAHHH! So sorry I missed this! It didn't show up in my new posts.

DH went to the base today to check it out but didn't have time to go look at any specific areas. He's at Victoria's Secret doing some shopping for me. You should go up there & scare the snot out of him!!

PPV is Public/Private Venture Housing. This will give you some insight if you are curious about it. We are debating if we want to live in either of those, Carroll's Creek in Marysville or Constitution Park in Lake Steven's. If we did, we'd be around other military families. But at the same time, I know squat about the schools. I'm thinking we are just going to have to research once we get there.

Housing at Naval Station Everett, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    I wanted to formally ask you if you'll be my encouragement/accountability partner for my weight loss. I neeed a lot of support to manage this thing. I don't have anyone here in WA that would be as involved as i'd like..... and then when you get here we can work out together sometimes.. yeah?
    I would absolutely be honored to be your partner! I still have 40lbs more to go. So we can do this together!

6. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    AAAAHHH! So sorry I missed this! It didn't show up in my new posts.

DH went to the base today to check it out but didn't have time to go look at any specific areas. He's at Victoria's Secret doing some shopping for me. You should go up there & scare the snot out of him!!

PPV is Public/Private Venture Housing. This will give you some insight if you are curious about it. We are debating if we want to live in either of those, Carroll's Creek in Marysville or Constitution Park in Lake Steven's. If we did, we'd be around other military families. But at the same time, I know squat about the schools. I'm thinking we are just going to have to research once we get there.

Housing at Naval Station Everett, Washington

I would absolutely be honored to be your partner! I still have 40lbs more to go. So we can do this together!
    I think those areas both sound good. I'd say Lake Stevens over Marysville though. (Mandaaa might completely disagree with me.......)

I'm so happy you've accepted!!! Oh my. I need this help so bad. Ok, so what do you want to do? How do you want to go about this?
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You didn't say you were going to show up & scare the snot out of DH!! :mad

If you'd like, we can message each other every day with our stats, like what we ate, what we did to workout, etc. Or can do a once a week overview. And then how about a weekly weigh in for just the 2 of us?

Also, do you have texting on your phone? I have an iPhone here & can download an app with a Stateside phone number. What is the area code there? Then if you are having an issue & need talking to, you can text me. Or me to you!

8. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Tell me how else I can stalk your husband while he is here and then I'll REALLY scare the snot out of him.

Yeah, I think messagin each other what we've eaten and if/how we've worked out every day might make me think twice about certain things.. And yeah I do have texting. I can send you my number.

The area code is 425.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    Tell me how else I can stalk your husband while he is here and then I'll REALLY scare the snot out of him.

Yeah, I think messagin each other what we've eaten and if/how we've worked out every day might make me think twice about certain things.. And yeah I do have texting. I can send you my number.

The area code is 425.
    Too late on the stalking! He's hoping on the plane soon & heading home.

Send me a message anytime! You wanna start on Monday?

I will download the app today & message you my number. You are going to be so special 'cause you will be the only one to have the number.

10. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Too late on the stalking! He's hoping on the plane soon & heading home.

Send me a message anytime! You wanna start on Monday?

I will download the app today & message you my number. You are going to be so special 'cause you will be the only one to have the number.
    I'm special!!

you get your husband back soon!!

And yes, Monday sounds great!!