Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitla!!!

1. Senior Member

Hello Whitla!!!

Advertisements
    how are you feeling? I haven't had any morning sickness yet. We need a knock on wood smiley.

I learned today that the easiest way to stay within your cigarette limit is to sleep all day! Sooo where are you starting? I've been smoking almost a pack a day. So my goal is by Monday to be at no more than half a pack and be totally done by next Monday. I want to do it faster, but I feel like that's a good pace to go.

Coffee is actually easier for me. I've had all this natural energy because I'm so excited. I'm switching slowly over to decaf. The hardest part is when I take my husband into work in the morning. I usually down a monster on the drive, but there's no way I'm touching stuff like that!

Anyway..... I hope we can help each other! Everyone has this idea that it should be seeew easy because it's what's best for your baby, and that does help, of course, but it's still hard.
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I'm kinda queasy today but I haven't thrown up. Had a coke this morning then switched to sprite and water. And I have had two cigarettes down from about a pack a day. My coworkers are chain smokers so it's hard to resist around them but I have so far! I hope I can quit entirely by Saturday. We shall see my cravings haven't been that bad.

Other than that I'm good. Ready to go home and lay down

3. Senior Member
    I wish I had the willpower to go that fast! We'll see though. Today I haven't really wanted to smoke as much as I wanted to yesterday. I've had 5 today. maybe you'll inspire me to go faster!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    I'm kinda queasy today but I haven't thrown up. Had a coke this morning then switched to sprite and water. And I have had two cigarettes down from about a pack a day. My coworkers are chain smokers so it's hard to resist around them but I have so far! I hope I can quit entirely by Saturday. We shall see my cravings haven't been that bad.

Other than that I'm good. Ready to go home and lay down
    Whit... Are you preggos? I DIDN'T DO IT!

But, I saw this and thought I might be able to help. I used to smoke, decades ago. How I stopped was to go to that ONE a day that is the most satisfying. The AFTER dinner one. I ignored all the desires to have that first one, that after breakfast one... and what not, I just kept busy and stayed moving.

I allowed myself that one. In no time at all, I realized that I had gone all day not smoking, or smelling like smoke. My clothes were nice, smelling of the perfume I had put on that morning, I smelled of my body wash, my hair smelled fresh and clean. I hated that I smelled like ciggerette after just that one.

So, I gave up that one too. It's been 30 years round about.

Congrats on your new wee one!
  5. Senior Member
    The first thing in the morning one is hardest for me! I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would today. I waited about an hour after I got up today which is way longer than usual.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ღmaeganღ View Post
    The first thing in the morning one is hardest for me! I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would today. I waited about an hour after I got up today which is way longer than usual.
    I know, it's the first thing you think of, but that is why you get busy and do your hair, and have breakfast and fight to look forward to the one in the evening, which in no time you are sick of. LOL. It's hard I know.
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    See I crave the afternoon one like crazy. Im good in the morning. Thanks kensy im gonna try to limit myself to the one at night for the next few days! And I love not smelling like smoke. It's kinda relieving in a way.

8. Senior Member
    Still in shock.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  9. Senior Member
    I'll give that a try kens! I do well with a reward system, so hopefully it'll help. Today I worked on breaking habits, like not smoking right after I ate or in the car.
  10. Senior Member
    Baby doesn't like waffle house

Today smoking made me really light headed. I think this is going to be easier than I thought. It tastes gross. I think I might be done today.

How are you feeling?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast