Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RootysGirl !

1. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

RootysGirl !

Advertisements

How are you doing? Tell me about yourself.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  2. Senior Member
    Awww...really?

I'm doing pretty well. It's my day off, which automatically = laundry.

Umm...about me? I'm mama to a sassy five-year old. I am in love with a wonderful man. We're talking about getting married next summer, and I have NO IDEA where to start as far as planning goes.

I like to laugh and make other people laugh. I'm pretty much a giant goofball. I think that is why DB and I get along so well.

I dunno...not so good at talking about myself, but you're welcome to ask anything you like, and I will answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mandizzle View Post
    Please don't piss on my shoes. They'll get all sticky and junk
  3. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

J and are are both goofballs but on different levels.

We have a handsome seven year old little man. We just try to do the best we can with what we got. We've realized it's not always how much money you can make but how happy you are in your marriage, that's all that matters. Just being yourself I think makes for a great relationship. Two goofballs together in a relationship is just greaaat.

So what kind things are you in to? Music? Books? Shows?

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  4. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

5. Senior Member
    I completely agree on the whole, not needing money to be happy/have a happy relationship thing. Sure, it can cause stress, but having someone as a partner who can see beyond that as well is a blessing. And laughing...you've got to be able to laugh at life together. Does that make sense?

I pretty much love all kinds of music. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Bon Iver, Anais Mitchell, and The Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer. All time favorites include Joni Mitchell, The Beatles, and The Cure. DB is going to take me to see my first opera.

I love to read, but I don't read as much as I'd like to anymore. I've been reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle off and on for the past few months...err...maybe year even. I DID manage to finish Pride and Prejudice and Zombies though..
    Non-fiction seems to be my poison lately though, considering I can pick it up and put it down at random. I also read a couple of magazines, Mother Jones and Mother Earth News.

TV is kind of meh for me. I'll watch Ghost Hunters or get wrapped up in a Law & Order marathon, but other than that, it's usually something that I do when I can't sleep. If I'm sick though...oh man..I am ALL ABOUT the trashy reality shows.

I used to want to be a stage actress. Originally, I went to college for Theatre/Dance. I'm pretty glad now that that didn't pan out because it's probably the furthest thing from what I want to do with my life now, ten years later.
    I also used to travel the country with renaissance festivals. Fun, but also not something I pictured myself doing long-term.
    Nope, I want to be a farmer. Ideally, a wool farmer, with alpacas and sheep and bunnies and whatnot. However, I think I'd probably need some sort of crops to fall back on too.

So...tell me about yourself! Ready...GO!

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope. View Post
    Fresh...

7. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Quote Originally Posted by RootysGirl View Post
    I completely agree on the whole, not needing money to be happy/have a happy relationship thing. Sure, it can cause stress, but having someone as a partner who can see beyond that as well is a blessing. And laughing...you've got to be able to laugh at life together. Does that make sense?

I pretty much love all kinds of music. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Bon Iver, Anais Mitchell, and The Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer. All time favorites include Joni Mitchell, The Beatles, and The Cure. DB is going to take me to see my first opera.

I love to read, but I don't read as much as I'd like to anymore. I've been reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle off and on for the past few months...err...maybe year even. I DID manage to finish Pride and Prejudice and Zombies though..
    Non-fiction seems to be my poison lately though, considering I can pick it up and put it down at random. I also read a couple of magazines, Mother Jones and Mother Earth News.

TV is kind of meh for me. I'll watch Ghost Hunters or get wrapped up in a Law & Order marathon, but other than that, it's usually something that I do when I can't sleep. If I'm sick though...oh man..I am ALL ABOUT the trashy reality shows.

I used to want to be a stage actress. Originally, I went to college for Theatre/Dance. I'm pretty glad now that that didn't pan out because it's probably the furthest thing from what I want to do with my life now, ten years later.
    I also used to travel the country with renaissance festivals. Fun, but also not something I pictured myself doing long-term.
    Nope, I want to be a farmer. Ideally, a wool farmer, with alpacas and sheep and bunnies and whatnot. However, I think I'd probably need some sort of crops to fall back on too.

So...tell me about yourself! Ready...GO!

WOW! I don't even know where to start compared to that. You are a very interesting (in a good way) individual and it's awesome that you know what you want to do with yourself.

Which Opera do you want to see? I'd like to see Madam Butterfly someday...it always gave me chills.

About me? uhm... I've played piano since I was six and I love to write my own music, I love art/painting, and lately I've been having a blast with photography. As strange as it sounds I really want to learn how to play the bagpipes. Also, I wish I had enough money to just travel the world ya know? I want to see it all, all the beauty all the nature.

I can't wait for my husband to get back home so we can try and have a bigger family, for some reason that has become a big issue for me lately. I don't know it's just I'm tired of following what "logic and society" says and I just want to follow my heart and gut with things. Those always seem to lead me the right way.

Oh, I'm a VERY humerous person, and hyper at that. I can't help it though, I'm just...eh, that's just me.

I love to read lots of things and watch educational shows because I love learning knew things, I get bored when I don't work my mind. However, I am also a fan of trashy reality shows. It's like they are my escape from reality and a very good self-esteem booster.

8. Senior Member
    DB plays the piano! I totally wish I had kept up with lessons. But what did I know at the ripe old age of 6?
    I love, LOVE photography. I try to do any freelance work I can get, but portraits are my favorite. I used to work strictly in film, but I finally broke down and got myself a dSLR earlier this year (hallelujah tax returns). I'd love to see some of your work. Are you on deviantart or anything?

TRAVEL! YES! I saw a show on PBS about the Amalfi Coast in Italy, and I fell madly in love. C and I have been entertaining the idea of taking our honeymoon to New Zealand, but that probably won't be for awhile. If I can figure out a way to travel and do humanitarian work at the same time, I'd be all set. Haha.

I think I know what you mean about wanting a bigger family. My daughter is from a previous relationship, and I didn't imagine having another child, but yeah..I'm having second thoughts about that now. Just add that to the list of things I want to do, now that I've found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

9. Senior Member
    Oh, and I'm not sure which opera. Madame Butterfly would be amazing, but really any one would make me happy. I've never been.

10. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

What's deviantart?

I just have my stuff on facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast