Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Carly!! (carmel11725)

1. Fact: bears eat beets.
    Fact: bears eat beets.

Neener Carly!! (carmel11725)

Advertisements

Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you! I hope everything is going AWESOME! I saw on FB you were going to spend the whole weekend studying - how's that going??

2. Senior Member
    Sarah, i totally you!

Things are def going good! with that whole sit.

School has me incredibly occupied, which is a good thing i guess, and ive come to terms with the fact that i will not have a social life until december

How are you, lady? Liking cali/base...missing home?
  3. Fact: bears eat beets.
    That's wonderful to hear!

Being busy is good - less time to be bored. Like yours truly. You'll be SO glad when you finally finish school and can look back and be thankful that you went through with it! I so admire you for going to school. I keep looking into classes I could potentially take, but the thought of going back to school makes me cringe. I love not having homework and tests and papers...but we'll see.

Oh, CA is...different. I'm definitely not used to it yet - still adjusting. And we're STILL waiting on a house. D's insanely busy and out in the field a lot, so I'm left by myself quite a bit. I've met a couple really nice women, and am trying to get involved in things so I can make some friends! Now that I've been here 3 weeks, the newness is wearing off and I'm really starting to miss my family. But I guess that's just the way it goes, right?
  4. Senior Member
    yeah--it was just perfect timing for me to go back to school. and im so glad i made the choice. it'll be worth it in the end.

boo on waiting for a house. how much longer do you think it'll be? Living together, in a new place, with new people, away from family is a huge transition. it sucks that D's been gone a lot but you'll meet some people and then it wont be quite so bad. Is there possibility that he's gonna be deploying?
  5. Fact: bears eat beets.
    We really have no idea. All they'll tell us is what they said when we turned in the paperwork: "0-3 months." We're pretty high on the list so that's good, but when we went into the office the other day they said that not a lot of people are moving out. So who the heck knows! I'm not complaining though - I have someone to make the bed and clean the room every day!

Yes, we're looking at a probable deployment in the next few months. Everything's still up in the air though...But it's coming up and I'm starting to feel the anxiety...

D should get back later today though so !!
  6. Senior Member
    hotel living can be nice for a while. J and I were in a hotel in HI for...ohh, 5 weeks i think. Hopefully yall get one soon!! Im sure youre ready to get everything set and live noramlly lol.

I hate the run around, wait and see game. but hey, such is life in the military The pre-dep anxiety is my least fave part...the actual deployment is a piece of cake compared to the time preparing for it, IMO. Just take it one day at a time. Youre a strong lady

and im glad D gets back today!!!