Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jennyfriggingpage

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

jennyfriggingpage

Advertisements
    Buff brahma and silver gre dorkings are the breeds. The latter is a heritage (vintage) breed so they are rare...kinda endangered species like.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Wow. They sound like Buddhist chickens. I like it!!! They can be the centerpiece of my zen garden.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Did you google them? I did fron my work pc. Pretty pretty.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Yes!

The silver grey dorking....

And the buff brahma....

And....

They are purty! And it said that the brahmas are really docile with great personalities! I'm excited!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Those are some badass chickens.

In a zen kind of way.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Remember that the roosters are always a little flashier than the hens.

She may aslo have guniea hens available. They are noisy when company arrives. Great watch dogs and really really cut down on insects.

Ps...if I do a good job as your pocket farm advisor, I'm thinking of becoming a pocket farm consultant, so be tough on me.
  7. Senior Member
    Guineas are the bomb!!! Check on the acreage needed if they're going to be free range, ours need a territory of 10 acres.. But if you get, like, 3 then you can let 1 out and they'll stay real close to the two that are penned...

Guineas will clear out all the ticks in a yard, they are a great way to fight tick borne illnesses like Lymes...
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    Guineas are the bomb!!! Check on the acreage needed if they're going to be free range, ours need a territory of 10 acres.. But if you get, like, 3 then you can let 1 out and they'll stay real close to the two that are penned...

Guineas will clear out all the ticks in a yard, they are a great way to fight tick borne illnesses like Lymes...
    I read a lot of good things about Guineas in that link you gave me. I don't think we really have ticks here though. It was always an issue when I went to VA in the summers, but I haven't ever seen any here. Maybe I was just in the city and not the country though?

*off to research*
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post

My co worker was just telling me how they have ticks on their property now that their last guniea died. They're ordering chicks.

Back home, we shared our gunieas with our neighbor. We each had a flock but could really tell whose was whose.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    My co worker was just telling me how they have ticks on their property now that their last guniea died. They're ordering chicks.

Back home, we shared our gunieas with our neighbor. We each had a flock but could really tell whose was whose.
    It's the "green way" to fight pest without using pesticides and poisons.. I heard they get rid of poisonous spiders and they'll attack snakes too..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast