Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Theresa

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Theresa

Advertisements
    How's the bathroom coming along? Any progress? I remember you were at a stand still for some reason...

We are at a standstill too. My brother moves down here next month and he's gonna lay the Travertine down. We also decided to do the heated floors because I found a stash that will cover BOTH bathrooms for $140!

We also need to repaint because once we got the cabinets up and laid down the travertine in there, the paint has a greenish tint which is VERY unflattering. But at least it happened now, where everything is already torn apart and I can just paint it again. Plus we have our furniture and tile now so I can take that in and actually get a flattering color....
  2. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Ugh. Standstills. Yes, we're still waiting.

The original guy that was supposed to lay the tiles decided to deploy. That does me no good so B was asking around for someone who has experience laying tiles and he found another guy...however, between work schedules, time keeps slipping past him and he hasn't caught up with the guy again to set up a time for him to come check it out.

We also need to purchase the rest of the stuff still, which has taken so long because he hasn't asked someone with a truck to help us pick up the tub. We need that before we can start the tile work as well. Honestly I would do the work on the floor if we didn't have to contend with the toilet issue. I wish the shithead builders weren't such shitheads when they built these houses.
  3. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Oh and I think that's awesome about the heating elements!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    Ugh. Standstills. Yes, we're still waiting.

The original guy that was supposed to lay the tiles decided to deploy. That does me no good so B was asking around for someone who has experience laying tiles and he found another guy...however, between work schedules, time keeps slipping past him and he hasn't caught up with the guy again to set up a time for him to come check it out.

We also need to purchase the rest of the stuff still, which has taken so long because he hasn't asked someone with a truck to help us pick up the tub. We need that before we can start the tile work as well. Honestly I would do the work on the floor if we didn't have to contend with the toilet issue. I wish the shithead builders weren't such shitheads when they built these houses.
    I totally feel ya! our house is almost 30 years old, so we are finding more and more little treasures here and there when we pull things up. I still can't believe that they fucked up the toilet area so bad! Is your house new/newer?
  5. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Not really, it was built in 87. I do know that they installed the countertops in Sept of 87 says the writing on the underside.

I just want my bathroom done already! I want my guests to use and say, "holy cow, that looks nice!" Instead of, "whoa."
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    Not really, it was built in 87. I do know that they installed the countertops in Sept of 87 says the writing on the underside.

I just want my bathroom done already! I want my guests to use and say, "holy cow, that looks nice!" Instead of, "whoa."
    That's why we haven't had a house-warming party yet! We'll have to have a house-remodeling party instead.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Pictures, or else you're both liars.
  8. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    The only pictures I have right now are ones that contain concrete floors and holes in all the walls. I've already shared those. Once we start renovating I'll picture it up.