Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Brandi

1. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!

Brandi

Advertisements
    Another update. Well they evaluated him again yesterday took him all over. They are taking him to the vet today to get his hips and legs tested. He has to pass that in order to be in the program. If he does pass they will put him in the training program. They love how willing he is to learn and easy he is to train.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

That is awesome! How does the program work as far as where he lives and all that. Does he live with them while they train him? And does he stay their dog or are they training him to be given to another family?
  3. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post

That is awesome! How does the program work as far as where he lives and all that. Does he live with them while they train him? And does he stay their dog or are they training him to be given to another family?
    He is still at our friends right now they are keeping him for the week. The gal that will be training him is the one that has also been doing the evaluations with him. She has a prior trip planned and so he will stay at our friends until she gets back. Then she will keep him and train him. It takes about 8 months to train him. Then they place him with an Autistic kid. They are different than say Canine Companions where they are always in touch with the dog and family, also if and when the family isn't using him anymore the trainer will keep him after. They also do social gatherings with the dogs so they get lots of dog playtime too. Our friend who he is with now, will be watching him over the Christmas Holiday too. She said hes just a perfect fit for the program, they couldn't believe how much he wants to be around kids.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That's so awesome! My brother has a CCI dog, we are spoiled. If we ever did get a dog, we would get one from CCI that didn't pass the training. They are amazing dogs and live special little lives! I hope the program works out and Mr. Yogi changes a kiddos life!
  5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    That's so awesome! My brother has a CCI dog, we are spoiled. If we ever did get a dog, we would get one from CCI that didn't pass the training. They are amazing dogs and live special little lives! I hope the program works out and Mr. Yogi changes a kiddos life!
    Oh and Trey they will probably be contacting you for volunteering.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    They did yesterday! I need to email them back, thanks for the reminder!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Wow, it's amazing that he has so much potential! It's always the smart ones that are trouble.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I knew he would do really well. I'm so happy that his amazing temperment is going to be put to good use and he will finally receive all of the love and attention that he deserves. I do miss him a lot but I keep reminding myself that keeping him was really unfair to him. He really does deserve the kind of interaction that they will be able to provide. He's such an amazing soul. Thank you for these updates, I am so happy he is doing so well. Not that I had any doubts though.