Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Sarah (caimbrie)

  1. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #1

    Question Sarah (caimbrie)

    Advertisements
    What kind of paint did you use for the letters you painted? Did you paint the sides of the letters as well?
  2. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    What kind of paint did you use for the letters you painted? Did you paint the sides of the letters as well?

    I just used the regular tubes of craft paint. I painted the front and sides
  3. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    I just used the regular tubes of craft paint. I painted the front and sides
    Ahh I'm using acrylic and its sucking. Did you use the wood letters or the white letters?

    Thank you for your help!
  4. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    Ahh I'm using acrylic and its sucking. Did you use the wood letters or the white letters?

    Thank you for your help!

    I used to wood letters. You have to sand them good before you start painting.

    Had to put 2 good coats on them.
  5. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    I used to wood letters. You have to sand them good before you start painting.

    Had to put 2 good coats on them.
    haha um opps lol I thought about it but I was too anxious
  6. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    haha um opps lol I thought about it but I was too anxious

    I'm sure they are fine without being sanded, just make sure you put 2 coats of paint
  7. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    I'm sure they are fine without being sanded, just make sure you put 2 coats of paint
    I've put 3 so far and you can still see the wood grain :/ The paint is purdy but not very thick. I got acrylic paint and its pearlized. I'm sure I'm doing this all wrong lol

    The switchplate and outlet covers I painted look cute at least lol
  8. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    I've put 3 so far and you can still see the wood grain :/ The paint is purdy but not very thick. I got acrylic paint and its pearlized. I'm sure I'm doing this all wrong lol

    The switchplate and outlet covers I painted look cute at least lol
    Oh maybe it's the different kind of paint you got. I've never used the pearlized stuff for the letters. Just keep putting those coats on

    What color is it.. REALLY light colors take more coats.
  9. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    Oh maybe it's the different kind of paint you got. I've never used the pearlized stuff for the letters. Just keep putting those coats on

    What color is it.. REALLY light colors take more coats.
    Dark purple lol I should take a pic so you can see what I mean. Its a very pretty color. I thought the pearlized would give it that extra bit of girlie lol
  10. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #10
    Oh well really dark colors also need more coats I'm sure they are going to be great hun!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •