Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cocoa Cutie Pie

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Cocoa Cutie Pie

Advertisements
    Are you from Jamaica? Are you still there?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    Are you from Jamaica? Are you still there?

Hi Rileysmom! Yes I am from JA and I am here. I'm a student (who also works part time). I'm almost done with my MBA and I'll be done with my program the month after DH is scheduled to get back from Iraq.

Are you coming to visit me?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have been twice, once to Montego Bay and once to Negril, I think that is the opposite side of the country from Kingston, yes?

What degree are you pursuing? I was talking to some of the locals and they said that there was not many opportunities for schooling there, is that true?

Are you going to be sad to leave there?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    I have been twice, once to Montego Bay and once to Negril, I think that is the opposite side of the country from Kingston, yes?

What degree are you pursuing? I was talking to some of the locals and they said that there was not many opportunities for schooling there, is that true?

Are you going to be sad to leave there?
    Ahhhhh...you've been to two of the popular tourist mecca's, and you are right it's on the other side of the island.

I am getting my Masters in Entrepreneurship. I Specialize in Business Admin (Management & Finance). I don't know that I would say that there aren't many opportunities for education because some of the best schools are here (at least the ones I went to!) and I have attended universities both here and in the US (I got my BA in Management at FIU in Florida).

And no I won't be sad because I have lived in the US before (during my school years over there) and I have always travelled there at least 3 times yearly since I've known myself and I am 27 now. Most of my family lives either in Canada, England or the US.

One thing with Jamaicans though no matter where we go we have a tendency to visit home a lot.

You need to go to Ocho Rios next to round out your travels to JA.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I think we all need to have a SOS reunion in JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa_Cutie_Pie View Post
    Ahhhhh...you've been to two of the popular tourist mecca's, and you are right it's on the other side of the island.

I am getting my Masters in Entrepreneurship. I Specialize in Business Admin (Management & Finance). I don't know that I would say that there aren't many opportunities for education because some of the best schools are here (at least the ones I went to!) and I have attended universities both here and in the US (I got my BA in Management at FIU in Florida).

And no I won't be sad because I have lived in the US before (during my school years over there) and I have always travelled there at least 3 times yearly since I've known myself and I am 27 now. Most of my family lives either in Canada, England or the US.

One thing with Jamaicans though no matter where we go we have a tendency to visit home a lot.

You need to go to Ocho Rios next to round out your travels to JA.
    Wow, really? We were told that Negril was so beautiful, but to be honest, I wasn't that impressed... nothing compared to some of the pictures i have seen of Jamaica. It is a very beautiful country though! It was quite a culture shock for us! We went to Sandals, which I am sure is nothing like a real excursion to Jamaica, but we do love the country and the people there.

On the way to Negril, we drove through a town where there were I think police in the street, but they were holding large automatic weapons and standing guard... it was much different than what we are used to here!

Congratulations on your degree, that's fantastic! The young men I was talking to in Jamaica kept mentioning something about me emailing them so they can get a travel VISA, so maybe they were just saying that about the education to try to change my mind. The answer was still no.

So what do you want to do with your degree? I almost went the Entrepreneurship route as well, but decided on Graphic Design instead.

How did you meet your husband?
  7. Senior Member
    The beaches in Negril are beautiful...Some of the hotels are nothing much to speak of. It all depends on where you go. 1 star vs 5 star as with anywhere else. Jamaica is a "3rd world" country so it's not going to have the same kind of infrasrtucture as there is in countries like the US but I still love it (as do many others from around the world). I guess it just depends on what your personal taste is and what you go for.

I'm not sure what the thing was about where you drove through the town and saw the police. It could have been anything and nothing. Come to think of it it was most likely soldiers because police down here don't usually carry large weapons.

I live in the city and the area I am from is upper middle class and quiet so we doesn't get any visits from police and whatnot.

Thank you! Re: my degree. I love school but I am so ready for it to be over with. I have no interest in getting a PHD. 2 BA's and 1 MBA is enough thanks! I am ready to move on with life!

I dunno what those guys were telling you. Some of the rural Jamaicans are strange....they say anything to tourists to get stuff. If they want a Visa all they have to do is apply for one. Granted 9 out of 10 people are denied but they could try!

I actually already have a small business that I operate from home. Along with being in the biz ad feild I have always had a love for Skin Care and Make-up and I am a self employed Make-up artist (I do this part time) AND I'm also attending a Spa school to learn more about Skin Care and Aesthetics since this is the feild I will ultimately go into.

I met my hubby in NY on one of my vacations.

I hope I answered all your questions and I didn't miss anything....that was a long list!