Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judy

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Judy

Advertisements
    This is a goofy question, but I've been meaning to ask you

Do you know if one is better than the other- ACT vs. Listerine?

(I told ya it was goofy and since your a hygenist, I thought I'd ask you )
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It's not goofy at all
    You can actually use both since they do 2 different things. ACT is a flouride rinse that you use once a day(usually at night) as the very last thing you do....helps to reduce cavities by strengthening the enamel, Listerine is an antiseptic rinse that helps to kill bad bacteria than can cause gingivitis.
    I use both

OMG.....do I sound like a commercial
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
    It's not goofy at all
    You can actually use both since they do 2 different things. ACT is a flouride rinse that you use once a day(usually at night) as the very last thing you do....helps to reduce cavities by strengthening the enamel, Listerine is an antiseptic rinse that helps to kill bad bacteria than can cause gingivitis.
    I use both

OMG.....do I sound like a commercial
    Ahh, ok! I thought ACT was just a normal mouth rinse so I've just been using that. Good to know! I'll have to pick some Listerine up. I got my teeth cleaned a couple weeks ago and didn't think to ask my dentist this stuff

Thanks!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No problem
  5. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    sorry to thread jack.. but I have a question, the needles that the dentist use to numb you, do they contain Nickle? I have a nickle allergy and yesterday I had some work done and although they had to use a lot of novicane, my mouth is sore and swollen. I cant open it all the way. SO I was just wondering. I have another apt on monday so if there is nickle in it, I can ask them to use a different kinds. TIA
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
    sorry to thread jack.. but I have a question, the needles that the dentist use to numb you, do they contain Nickle? I have a nickle allergy and yesterday I had some work done and although they had to use a lot of novicane, my mouth is sore and swollen. I cant open it all the way. SO I was just wondering. I have another apt on monday so if there is nickle in it, I can ask them to use a different kinds. TIA
    Nope, no nickel....but it is not uncommon for there to be soreness at the site of injection. The injections, the fact that it took quite a bit to get you numb and being open and stretched can cause soreness and swelling . Best thing for it is gentle massages of the jaw and cheek area, ibuprofen or aleve and warm, moist compresses.

I hav noticed more nickel allergies in the past few years and the only thing that is used that could be of any concern are certain wires used in orthodontics(not all, just smaller ones) and amalgams(silver fillings) which are actually being fazed out anyhow.

Let the dentist know of Monday what happened and also take some ibuprofen or aleve about 30 minutes before you are seen.

Hope you feel better soon
  7. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    thanksyou so much for your info! I did have a lot, they stuck me with seven different needles before I was finally numb enough.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
    thanksyou so much for your info! I did have a lot, they stuck me with seven different needles before I was finally numb enough.
    are you by chance a natural red head or have any natural red in your hair??
    Yep...weird question, but believe it or not natural red heads have a higher resistance to things like anesthetic's
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach View Post
    Ahh, ok! I thought ACT was just a normal mouth rinse so I've just been using that. Good to know! I'll have to pick some Listerine up. I got my teeth cleaned a couple weeks ago and didn't think to ask my dentist this stuff

Thanks!
    the orange Listerine is awesome. It's much less intense and I can actually swish for a 30 full seconds with the recommend amount, which i can't with regular. ( now I sound like a commercial.)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    the orange Listerine is awesome. It's much less intense and I can actually swish for a 30 full seconds with the recommend amount, which i can't with regular. ( now I sound like a commercial.)

I love the orange listerine!!!!!!
    I am so getting a big bottle once we finish with our blue stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast