Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: rosebud

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

rosebud

Advertisements
    Hey lady....your hubby is a recruiter right???? If so I got a quick question for ya
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    yes he is ask away.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ok....so my nephew went toa recruiter yesterday and they told him that the navy was not taking anyone without a diploma from an accredited school right now......has yoru hubby heard that or said anything to that affect??
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
    Ok....so my nephew went toa recruiter yesterday and they told him that the navy was not taking anyone without a diploma from an accredited school right now......has yoru hubby heard that or said anything to that affect??
    basically yes, if they don't have a diploma or theirs is from a school that isn't accredited they are considered a drop out and their percentage is full at the moment for the year ( they are allowed something like 8% and they are at 11 I think) so they have to recruit more people to drop that percentage so they can start allowing them back in. Does that make sense?

I will miss you SOS...

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    basically yes, if they don't have a diploma or theirs is from a school that isn't accredited they are considered a drop out and their percentage is full at the moment for the year ( they are allowed something like 8% and they are at 11 I think) so they have to recruit more people to drop that percentage so they can start allowing them back in. Does that make sense?
    Yea...that makes sense!! Thanks!!
    Sadly this means that neither nephew will be able to go Navy....especially since my stupid ex-sil enrolled the youngest into an alternative school to finish up his last year

Thanks for the info....that makes much more sense than what my brother was trying to tell me
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Yea...that makes sense!! Thanks!!
    Sadly this means that neither nephew will be able to go Navy....especially since my stupid ex-sil enrolled the youngest into an alternative school to finish up his last year

Thanks for the info....that makes much more sense than what my brother was trying to tell me
    make sure you nephews keep in contact with the recruiter though because as soon as the percentage drops they can get in. this just happened to dh last month this guy he had been pushing through turned out his online school was no longer open and so he was considered a dropout dh was really upset over it because he worked so hard to get all his waivers in.
    also the percentage can drop at any time. so tell them not to give up hope.

I will miss you SOS...

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    make sure you nephews keep in contact with the recruiter though because as soon as the percentage drops they can get in. this just happened to dh last month this guy he had been pushing through turned out his online school was no longer open and so he was considered a dropout dh was really upset over it because he worked so hard to get all his waivers in.
    also the percentage can drop at any time. so tell them not to give up hope.
    I will definitely pass on all of this!! I would rather them go Navy if they can....well, because I am partial

Thanks again!!!!!!!

Oh...my nephew took the mock ASVAB at the Army recruiters yesterday and scored very high!!!! Thats always a good thing!
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I will definitely pass on all of this!! I would rather them go Navy if they can....well, because I am partial

Thanks again!!!!!!!

Oh...my nephew took the mock ASVAB at the Army recruiters yesterday and scored very high!!!! Thats always a good thing!
    yup high score on ASVAB means much better job options. ( i suck I didn't score very high on the practice test. )

I will miss you SOS...