Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loretta!

1. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....

Loretta!

Advertisements
    Help, oh makeup guru!!!

We are taking family pics on sunday and my face is all broken out(reaction to chlorine in our water). I need to find some way to cover the acne/red spots without my makeup being really heavy. Also, what color eyeshadow and lip stick should I wear? I normally stick to boring brown/tan for eyes and a neutral for lip, but I want to look really nice. I don't have a lot of choice when it comes to cosmetics, I have a bunch of MK stuff and I can buy the generic brands, but that is about it here.

ETA: my hair is red/auburn, greenish eyes, wearing black and white.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ooh! Well, first of all, you should definitely not exfoliate with anything scrathy! That will only irritate the red places. Try some aloe that's been chilled in the fridge as moisturizer that morning(will help calm the redness and even texture).

Put on a light coat of foundation mixed with moisturizer(about half and half). This works with B.E., too Then, apply concealer to the spots and let it dry while you do your eye makeup. This way you can blend the edges and apply powder etc and it won't rub off.

Blakc and white....with green eyes, I'd go with your usual palette, just punched up! Golds instead of taupes, warm amber instead of brown. Definitely don't forget the upper lid eyeliner, but use brown not black! Soft and gorgeous is what you're going for, right?
  3. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    ^^

She's good.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

4. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Yes, I am going for glowy and gorgeous..nothing too obvious, but I finally went back to my natural red after being brown for almost a year! I've got a bronze eyeliner and a copper one, I'll have to play with them and see which one works......

I love wearing makeup, but I play it sooo safe that sometimes I doubt myself. I'm such a that I didn't even start wearing moisturizer until this year.....
    Oh-what is the best brand of liquid foundation? I use the covergirl liquid, but I am ready for something new.
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMMYBABEZ View Post
    ^^

She's good.
    well duh. that's why I asked her
  6. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    I hate covergirl.

Dosn't go on thick enough for me.

I use Maybelline age something.

It's for people with wrinkles- but I use it because it's thick and it works.

7. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMMYBABEZ View Post
    I hate covergirl.

Dosn't go on thick enough for me.

I use Maybelline age something.

It's for people with wrinkles- but I use it because it's thick and it works.

I used covergirl cause I was broke for so long and it was 3 bucks a bottle...and then I just got ina rut, plus I hate trying to find the right foundation color in new brands!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Personally, I won't use either of those brands, too many preservatives and random chemicals that can cause irritation!

If you must use something from the drugstore, try Neutrogena or Almay, much better for your skin Almay even has a shade light enough for me!

The best foundation I have ever used is Dior Airflash, it's airbrush foundation. FLAWLESS. Runs around $70 for a bottle, though.

I know what you mean, Simmy, the stuff intended for older women is really moisturizing while still being thick enough to cover imperfections.
  9. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    LOL *faint* at Dior.

The only dior thing I have are sunnies.. and I thought that was going good.

Imagine being rich enough to use foundation that is 70 bucks a bottle!

Maybelline is 21 a bottle over here. It's expensive enough.

10. RockstarMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Ooh! Well, first of all, you should definitely not exfoliate with anything scrathy! That will only irritate the red places. Try some aloe that's been chilled in the fridge as moisturizer that morning(will help calm the redness and even texture).

Put on a light coat of foundation mixed with moisturizer(about half and half). This works with B.E., too Then, apply concealer to the spots and let it dry while you do your eye makeup. This way you can blend the edges and apply powder etc and it won't rub off.

Blakc and white....with green eyes, I'd go with your usual palette, just punched up! Golds instead of taupes, warm amber instead of brown. Definitely don't forget the upper lid eyeliner, but use brown not black! Soft and gorgeous is what you're going for, right?
    Oh! I think I will do this now! I have some in the fridge. I keep it in there!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast