Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Jill!! (harrisonsdream)

1. Mombie.
    Mombie.

Jill!! (harrisonsdream)

Advertisements
    I totally forgot that you had a beagle!

I have to ask you..did he have issues with biting and toooooooo much energy? Or with potty training?

I just got a puggle a few weeks ago and he is way more beagle than pug. He is a terror! He isn't mean, but he tears everything up and constantly wants to bite and play.

We have tried just saying no and that does nothing, he just barks and wags his tail, so we are now using a water bottle and we spray him (not in the face) when he is being a brat. He is only 3 months, so I know that is part of it.

But, yours looks pretty calm, how did you do it? I am losing my mind with him. He goes to the bathroom everywhere! I actually broke down into tears today because I had just cleaned the carpet and he went on it again. We got the training pads and spray to attract him to go to the bathroom in one place, but he just doesn't do it!

2. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen113007 View Post

I have to ask you..did he have issues with biting and toooooooo much energy? Or with potty training?
    But, yours looks pretty calm, how did you do it? I am losing my mind with him. He goes to the bathroom everywhere! I actually broke down into tears today because I had just cleaned the carpet and he went on it again. We got the training pads and spray to attract him to go to the bathroom in one place, but he just doesn't do it!
    Cosby is NOT calm he is a great dog but he has more energy that my kids put together..

ETA.. no I am not Jill, but I love right across the street from each other and see Cosby alot

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
  3. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerchyk View Post
    Cosby is NOT calm he is a great dog but he has more energy that my kids put together..

ETA.. no I am not Jill, but I love right across the street from each other and see Cosby alot
    Lol, good to know it isn't just my dog!

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen113007 View Post

I just got a puggle a few weeks ago and he is way more beagle than pug. He is a terror! He isn't mean, but he tears everything up and constantly wants to bite and play.

We have tried just saying no and that does nothing, he just barks and wags his tail, so we are now using a water bottle and we spray him (not in the face) when he is being a brat. He is only 3 months, so I know that is part of it.

i'm just seeing this i had class last night so i am just getting on now. lol he's not calm unless he's sleeping or chewing a rawhide. he potty trained really fast but that's because someone was home almost always when we were working on him. he had some biting/nipping issues, sometimes he gets very excited and forgets to not bite. yeah 3 months is young. beagles hit chewing late. he just hit his at like 11 months. i don't like the training pads because it causes confusion later. it sounds like you guys should try crate training or just confine him to an area and then just watch him when he starts sniffing or squatting say no and then run him out and when he goes say good boy (or girl)