Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wedding Jitters

1. celise

Wedding Jitters

Advertisements
    so is it ok to be completely and totally freaked out yet Oh so super excited at the same time about all of this? I know its not cold feet. We've been together forever, there ain't no way in Hell we are ever going to split, so I know it's not doubts with us. This is what I want to do, and baby, even if that is what I had, there is no way I could turn back They make it look so easy in the movies!

[if you didnt know... im getting married on Nov. 17th... And as of yet, everything has run smoothly.. but I dont want to speak too soon.]

I am working, going to school full time, and this wedding.. thats it. I love every minute of it, but I can't shake the nerves, like when you are about to get on stage to do a presentation freaking out..bad.. I can't eat, I can't focus on anything else, I just drink coffee and smoke (bad I know) I feel like I am forgetting something... What did you guys do? And of course now Im worried if I do eat that I am not going to fit into my dress! I dont know how someone can do this in a time frame longer than 2 months.. there is no way I could spend longer than that freaking out!

I know.. I just need to take some damn xantax and call it a day!
  2. Meleana21
    Congratulations!! You should have jitters, after all this is a life altering decision. If you are sure then tell yourself you are sure and then press on. In the end it will all work out. Good Luck!!

3. Senior Member
    haha girl dont stress out too much. Im getting married the day before you and ive been planning for a year...but its just within the last month that ive started getting nervous too!! so youre not alone lol!
  4. Senior Member
    I have no idea. We didn't have a big wedding, but I was still nerves as hell! We had been together 3 years and lived together most of that and I was still nervous! I just wanted to tell you good luck with everything and just breath it will all be ok
  5. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    dont worry i had tons of jitters. they weren't jitters about the actual marriage, but about the wedding day itself. so many what ifs! i was so scared something would go terribly wrong. it's normal. but be confident in everything you've prepared. your family and friends will be there for you to catch any little blunder and you wont have to worry about a thing other than embracing your honey. it will be wonderful!
  6. celise
    thanks ladies.. yeah I think im just more worried about something not going right, or forgetting something (haha like the rings! Wouldn't that be something)..
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I think it's perfectly normal, especially if you live with your parents and are close to them. You will have someone else to care about for the rest of you life. Just relax and have some time to your self every now and then, with no distractions from work, school or wedding stuff