Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we really change that much??

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Do we really change that much??

Advertisements
    DH and I just had a heart to heart for the first time in a LONG time!!! And we both realized that No we arent the way we were when we first met but we are no where near that.

Life and 2 kids cna change everything dramatically!

But we did realize that we have things to work on and look forward to and will work harder from now on!

I think after talking today it brought us that much more closer together. It was great talking like that and expressing how we both feel. I loved it!

my question is, how much did life change your relationship?
  2. Senior Member
    i haven't been with DF long enough to have changed, but i just wanted to say that i'm happy for you for being able to talk and work things out with your DH!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks Lacy! It wasent too bad of problems. We just lost our fun selves bewteen him being gone half of our 4 year sea duty time, and day to day stuff plus 2 kids. We are going to work on making it better. We need to!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Dustie-thats great to hear! Its so important to remember to make time for yourselves as a couple & not just as Mom & Dad-your foundation for your family & your relationship is only as strong as you build it to be-I'm happy for you guys-good luck
  5. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    Thats good to hear girl.
    Siggy under construction!!!
  6. RockstarMom
    The longer you stay together the more you grow together- as long as you communicate with your partner. We had a down couple of years, #2-4, where our marriage sucked! That's when we started to "lose ourselves". It started growing again around the 5th year and it's been great ever since. Not saying we don't argue, disagree or irritate each other, but it's MUCH better than is was for the "down years".
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Jen that is how im feeling! Just like that. Things have been a little "down" lately but its getting better. We have been together for 6 years now. The last 2 kinda sucked but they are slowly getting better.
  8. leasey_eastcoast
    Change isnt always bad, like rockstar said growing together is great too! Communication is honestly the most important key to a successful relationship. DB and I probably havent been together nearly as long as you two but we definitely do "check points" to see how the other one is doing in the relationship. I am so happy for you that must feel great
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It does feel great. Every once in awhile we "talk" like that. We just havent done it lately.

Its like after a talk like that theres a huge weight off your shoulders.
  10. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Dh and I have had to have one of those talks. We forget that marriage takes work, it doesn't just happen. I'm glad you and your hubby are doing better Dustie!!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast