Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthcontrol and antibotics

1. Senior Member

Help Birthcontrol and antibotics

Advertisements
    Not really sure if this goes in this topic...
    Okay, I have really bad allergies and I'm on Zyrtec D daily but I have a really bad sinus infection and need antibotics. Here's the thing I'm on birthcontrol and antibotics reduces the effectiveness of it. Usually this would be okay, but I go to see df at graduation on the 19th. It's been over 4 months since we've seen eachother so we're gonna have . We usually only rely on the pill since it's effective and we've been togther for 4 years. But I'm scared to death of getting before we're ready. Not sure what to do?
    Kelly

2. Banned
    Banned
    well obviously use a condom....

Also why would you even have to ask if you should risk having a kid when you know you arent ready?
  3. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    Condom. Antibiotics f-up BC.
  4. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training
    Definitely use a backup method. MOST antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. If you're uncertain, check with your doc or pharmacist.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

either suffer w/o the antibiotics & have condomless sex or take the antibiotics & use a condom. those are ur options.
  6. smb32
    my gyno said that it decreases the effectiveness by one .4 percent. she said that people vastly exaggerate the effects.
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by smb32 View Post
    my gyno said that it decreases the effectiveness by one .4 percent. she said that people vastly exaggerate the effects.
    I guess my dd is what makes up that .4 percent. Yep, I got pg with dd while on the pill and I got a shot of an awful sinus infection and forgot about the effectiveness thing. Oops.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Miranda
    Quote Originally Posted by smb32 View Post
    Yep, the ob i am seeing now about my ectopic, and I got into a conversation about this. He said they have been conducting all kinds of testing for this theory and none of them prove that the effectiveness is affected to any extreme to be documented with normal use of antibiotics. He said when this differs is if someone is on majorly heavy doses, such as thru iv form in the hospital or multiple long term use.

but still you can never be too safe!!
  9. Senior Member
    I got pregnant with my daughter while on antibiotics and taking the pill..and I was anal about taking my pill. So, definately use a back up method. Was very easy for us to pinpoint the cause, since we only had sex for a two day weekend in the middle of a two month period.
    Thank you Brentscrystal!

10. Senior Member
    I would use a backup method just in case. I have a friend who got pregnant while on the pill after taking antibiotics...of course they were also using condoms, so maybe it was just meant to be!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast