Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: this might be an awful question but...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

this might be an awful question but...

Advertisements
    have/do any of you ever have thoughts about other people while your guy is gone?
    i dont mean seriously considering cheating of course... but just... seeing other people a bit more than you did when your sweetie was next to you...

i know its awful... but every now and then i have a weird thought about some of my male friends... its not anything i honestly feel (i have no urge to cheat or be with anyone else) but its more out of my being lonely and never seeing my boyfriend.. but seeing these guys. i have no feelings for them... but.... does this make sense?

is this normal?
  2. annmarie
    honestly for me the answer is no. but I would think its normal if you did........
  3. MoMo
    I dont really think about being with other guys but then again my hubby is still here. I dont know if I will when he's gone, but right now I dont. I dont think that its abnormal or anything that u should feel badly about thouugh. Its normal seeing as how u are around all these guys and u do feel lonely, and u arent getting that attention that u need from ur SO.

But this is y us military wives/fiances/gfs are stronger than most women bc I think we have that little something extra in us that makes us be able to be faithful to ur men while they are gone. Just stay strong and if u really love him u wont do anything to mess it up!
  4. delilah
    it is absolutely normal. it happens to more women than will ever admit. so long as you aren't full on fantasizing and acting on them, it's fine. it's your lonely mind showing you "options".
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I dont really think about being with other guys but then again my hubby is still here. I dont know if I will when he's gone, but right now I dont. I dont think that its abnormal or anything that u should feel badly about thouugh. Its normal seeing as how u are around all these guys and u do feel lonely, and u arent getting that attention that u need from ur SO.

But this is y us military wives/fiances/gfs are stronger than most women bc I think we have that little something extra in us that makes us be able to be faithful to ur men while they are gone. Just stay strong and if u really love him u wont do anything to mess it up!

thanks :-D i know these thoughts are nothing i would ever act on.. and they are SMALL and RARE... but they are there so i feel awful. but you are right... i went into this relationship knowing it would be harder and i would have to be stronger. i have the strength and faithfulness to stick by my sweetie and i just have to understand that these are purely attention seeking thoughts that go away the second i think about him.
  6. Senior Member
    Personally, for me, if I see a hot guy I can't help but think "hubba, hubba". It means you have a pulse
  7. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    Thinking is totally normal. ACTING on those thoughts is a NO NO, but our hormones are our hormones.I mean if you think about it, what are the chances that your man ONLY thinks about you? I mean shit if a hot girl walks by he is going to think about her cause his hormones are raging lol. He isn't going to act on it if he is meant to be with you and you won't act on it if your meant to be with him. Sometimes its VERY tempting, but thats where Love comes into play if its worth it ya won't act on it and I know how ya feel. Ya feel bad for thinking but hey were only human!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Personally, for me, if I see a hot guy I can't help but think "hubba, hubba". It means you have a pulse
    hahaha... too true
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by treeoflife3 View Post
    have/do any of you ever have thoughts about other people while your guy is gone?
    i dont mean seriously considering cheating of course... but just... seeing other people a bit more than you did when your sweetie was next to you...

i know its awful... but every now and then i have a weird thought about some of my male friends... its not anything i honestly feel (i have no urge to cheat or be with anyone else) but its more out of my being lonely and never seeing my boyfriend.. but seeing these guys. i have no feelings for them... but.... does this make sense?

is this normal?
    Its normal. Being married or engaged doesn't mean your dead. Seeing someone and picturing yourself jumping on them and ...well you know, doesn't mean you are going to do it, or want to do it for that matter. there is nothing wrong with looking, fantasizing, even a little innocent flirting as long as you have no intention to taking it further. If nothing else, it may make you realize even more the reason you are in love with your SO.
    Enjoy!!!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"