Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friend getting married...kids and honeymoons???

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Smile Friend getting married...kids and honeymoons???

Advertisements
    Alright...so one of my really good friends is getting married tomorrow. She has been living with her fiance for over a year, he has a 4 year old boy from a previous marriage and they have a 6 month old boy together. Nothing against this I lived with my husband befor we were maried and our daughter was 4 months old. Anyway... so she called me all upset today that she wanted to have a "batchlorette" party and no one will come because she wants no kids and we ALL have kids...and then she is all mad that her fiance's mother is going to watch all the grandkids and not just her son and she wants her son to be the only one there. AND... she also wants the kids away the night after the wedding. Is this just crazy or do you all agree with this?? I mean, when we got married...our daughter stayed with us that night and the night befor (our daughter is almost 2 and has never spent the night away from me) and the morning of the wedding we drove to the church together, and even picked up some of the snacks for the reception on the way. My point in this is... IF YOU ALREADY LIVE TOGETHER AND HAVE CHILDREN...SHOULD YOU EVEN WORRY WITH THE BACHELOR/BACHELOETTE PARTY AND HONEYMOON??? To me it seems a little crazy... what do you all think?
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  2. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I can understand the issues with the kids. But, my husband and I lived together and we still had our parties with our friends. I still went out for a night with my girlfriends, as he did with his guy friends. We spent the night before the wedding apart.

I don't think living together before you get married means that you should bypass the fun little tradtions.

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I don't think she is crazy for wanting to have the night after the wedding kid-less Like jen said you don't have to bypass the fun or excitment part just because you were living together.. To each their own.. She is being selfish on her future MIL watching the grandkids.. a tad bridezilla if you will

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Senior Member
    IMO, the children should be involved in the wedding ceremony, but the honeymoon should be private... Hello? ??

However, I think her wanting her son to be the ONLY one with grandma is unreasonable, and it seems a bit spoiled to me... but that's JMHO.....
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Everyone deserves a honeymoon and bachelo/bachlerette parties
  6. justkristin
    Since her son is only 6 months old, maybe she thinks it would be too much for Grandma to tend to him with a bunch of other children there too?
  7. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    I wouldn't worry about a party or anything but I can understand wanting a honey moon.
    Siggy under construction!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    This is why, in my opinion, you shouldn't leave your 6 month old over night... my daughter is almost 2 and has still not been left over night, not even with my mom who lives 5 minutes from me. I feel strongly about not leaving your child over night atsuch a young age. And if you've lived together for over a year...you basically already got your "honeymoon", at least that's how my husband and i felt about it. We used our "honeymoon money" to take our daughter to Disney world. We try to put our daughter first.

Quote Originally Posted by justkristin View Post
    Since her son is only 6 months old, maybe she thinks it would be too much for Grandma to tend to him with a bunch of other children there too?
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  9. Senior Member
    I can understand the honey moon thing but not a party and such
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    This is why, in my opinion, you shouldn't leave your 6 month old over night... my daughter is almost 2 and has still not been left over night, not even with my mom who lives 5 minutes from me. I feel strongly about not leaving your child over night atsuch a young age. And if you've lived together for over a year...you basically already got your "honeymoon", at least that's how my husband and i felt about it. We used our "honeymoon money" to take our daughter to Disney world. We try to put our daughter first.
    But that is just your opinion.. which you are of course entilted to have. I know if me and dh were to have a wedding we would leave our kids overnight somewhere so we could have a night to ourselves.. but that is just us.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast