Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all you men on here....

1. Senior Member

For all you men on here....

Advertisements
    I was wondering: what is bootcamp/AIT like for the guy? I know some of you have been through it, and I was just curious about how they see it, what they go through, how much it means to them to get a letter from is own SO, stuff like that...I mean, I have an idea, from what everyone else has said, but I would like to hear it "from the horse's mouth," so to speak.
  2. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

you only want a mans view? Because I went through it as well
  3. Regular Member
    Well gees there is alot you go through. I mean no one can really prepare you for it. The hardest part is the lack of sleep that happens to you. Now, I personnaly couldn't tell you about recieving a letter from a SO when I was in boot camp, cause I didn't have one. I know letters from my mom helped me alot, but that isn't the same.

I watched guys stay up an hour after TAPS everynight writing and re-reading the letters from there SO's and it looked like it meant alot. By all means I encourage everyone here that has someone going through boot, AIT, OCS or any other form of it to write there SO.

Now when I was in, we didn't have internet ability, but we were allowed three phone calls in nine weeks and one of those got taken away from us cause my division was "bad". So the only way you might actually here from them is through the mailing system.

I hope that helps alot. I also recently went through another 9 week program called NSI and that is similiar to OCS and OIS(LDO/CWO) if anyone has any questions about that.
    Victoria's Hubby
  4. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I'd love to hear a woman's opinion on this as well...any soldier who went through it actually.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  5. only person you can save, is yourself
    only person you can save, is yourself
    ooh, this is a GOOD question, i will be checking back for more answers!
  6. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    By all means I encourage everyone here that has someone going through boot, AIT, OCS or any other form of it to write there SO.

DH is in WOCS (Warrant Officer School), they said it was like being in basic all over again but he said he didn't want me to write him letters b/c it's only a month? Do you think I should anyway?

I feel like this is Dear Abby
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by SezzySue View Post
    you only want a mans view? Because I went through it as well
    Me too...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by girl20racer View Post
    DH is in WOCS (Warrant Officer School), they said it was like being in basic all over again but he said he didn't want me to write him letters b/c it's only a month? Do you think I should anyway?

I feel like this is Dear Abby
    I sent dh cards of encouragement, a couple every week he was at OTS (12 weeks) and some other SO's from his flight and I got together via the internet and sent care packages so they wouldn't overlap. Dh was able to email after the first couple of weeks and then it was very regular calls and emails. There were many that were not able to call as often because they had more to do (he had been in for 9 years and knew how to do a lot of the basic stuff already). I would write letters... if nothing else, it's good for you and he can read them if and when he gets the time.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. Regular Member
    LOL, well OIS is now combined all CWO/LDO and new limited duty officers into one class. And it is going to be like boot camp again for him, kinda. Except he won't buy the mind games they try to play. Ummm...I know me, personnally, I like recieving letters from my family anytime I am away, but I had weekends off there so I could just use my cell phone and call and talk to them. So it is really up to you. OIS is alot more flexible then boot camp ever was, and he has access to the internet too.
    Victoria's Hubby
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    LOL, well OIS is now combined all CWO/LDO and new limited duty officers into one class. And it is going to be like boot camp again for him, kinda. Except he won't buy the mind games they try to play. Ummm...I know me, personnally, I like recieving letters from my family anytime I am away, but I had weekends off there so I could just use my cell phone and call and talk to them. So it is really up to you. OIS is alot more flexible then boot camp ever was, and he has access to the internet too.
    This is just for Navy and Marine Corps though, I don't know how the other branches run theres. Sorry.
    Victoria's Hubby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast