Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just out of curiosity...Sahm's and marriage

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Just out of curiosity...Sahm's and marriage

Advertisements
    How many Sahm's out there no longer care about your husband's military career, or any choice he makes, really?

I use to be concerned and give my input and be worried about things, but after years of that i started to realize that no matter what he chose to do - no matter where we lived - his life might change but mine never did..New house, new job (his) same routine for me.
    So I eventually just stopped worrying and stopped caring what he decided to do ... That made things a bit easier for me (though I have a lot of problems with everything else that's left) but it's made things more difficult for him because he's still persistant that my wants and needs matter.

Just wondering if anyone else has gone this way.
  2. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    I've never experienced that personally (because I am not married) but I can definetly see how that could happen..

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  3. googlegirl
    I love having my own job- if I'm ever lucky enough to get married and have kids I will probably just take 3 years off and go right back to work.
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I'm a SAHM and have been a homemaker since we got married 7 years ago. Not once have I stopped caring about what he did, because it ultimately affects DD and I. Where we'll live, the type of job/billet he accepts and other things along those lines do eventually affect the family.

Life does get pretty routine, but I try and make the best of it. Make friends, join a playgroup for your kids.. volunteer when you can. I'm a creature of habit though, and during times of stress or whatever, I tend to miss my routine.

I'm going to start community college when DD starts school, so that once she doesn't "need" me as much, I can find something to do for me.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Banned
    Banned
    Your wants and needs DO matter.

I don't know anything about you but your posts seem sort of like you are feeling lost and possibly even depressed. Is everything ok, how are YOU? I don't want to know about your kids or your DH's job or anyone else. How do YOU feel?

Ya know? You seem to have stopped focusing on yourself at all and that's not healthy. What are your interests?
  6. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    LO ... sorry - I've been away from online for quite some time so these things I've posted have been pent up for a while and needed to come out

My interests - I'm feebling trying to get the hang of soldering. I can't take jewelry classes like I use to - but that's my one interest and goal, I'd like to become a jeweler.
    But, it's a dangerous and time consuming so I can't do it often enough.

i've always had problems dealing with stress and serious issues - stress + me = sleepless night and headaches...so I've actually been doing a bit better once i forced myself to leave certain decisions up to my husband. He has our best interest in mind, he can be trusted
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Oh it's ok, we don't bite, we just ask a lot of questions if we're confused

Jewelry making is fascinating to me. Making tiny little welds and ties and stuff. Takes such concentration! You could probably use Google.com to learn new tips and tricks and methods. Google is fantastic.

If you have stress and sleepless nights, this is the place to be!!

I have a request! Can you go the Newbie forum and post an intro? It would help us get to know you and let everyone know we have a new member on board!

Oh, and WELCOME to SOS!!!
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    I'm a SAHM and have been a homemaker since we got married 7 years ago. Not once have I stopped caring about what he did, because it ultimately affects DD and I. Where we'll live, the type of job/billet he accepts and other things along those lines do eventually affect the family.

Life does get pretty routine, but I try and make the best of it. Make friends, join a playgroup for your kids.. volunteer when you can. I'm a creature of habit though, and during times of stress or whatever, I tend to miss my routine.

I'm going to start community college when DD starts school, so that once she doesn't "need" me as much, I can find something to do for me.
    Thats how I feel. In reality his job is our life. I don't work not because of choice but because I can't so we are a one income family.
  9. Senior Member
    I don't know that I could ever NOT care. Its my life to.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have been a SAHM since having my daughter 3 years ago. If anything I care more about his job now and the choices he makes, or should I say that we make. We make all choices together.
    ~~Crystal
    Wife to Chris
    SAHM to Riley Ann

Hubby retired from the Navy June 2011 and what a change of life!