• Navy Blue and White

6 18.18%
  • Shades of Red or Burgundy

21 63.64%

Thread: Navy Wedding Colors

1. celise

Nutts Navy Wedding Colors

Advertisements
    Hello Ladies!! Ok, so we have set a date.. we I set a date.. Nov. 2008. With that said, Df will be in his dress blues, and so will have of the groomsmen.
    So ... does anyone have any color ideas? I love the pastel pink and lit. olive, but I feel like that is too springy. How do I match colors that wont clash with the guys' uniforms? I really dont want to do red and white, that makes me feel too... American Flag? (sorry, I do support and love, but I dont want to make it look "too much?" if you get what Im saying..)
    I like the idea of different shades of either green-gray green - olive, or burgundy/red since its winter.. Blue and white is pretty, but then Ill feel like Im bringing in Christmas.. Am I just freaking out too early haha.. I think Im just scared it is going to all look bad! What did some of you navy wives do for your wedding?
    Help!!! I need ideas, someone to some sense into me!
  2. celise
    I think I am stuck between Shades of Red/Burgundy and white and Navy Blue and White... Which is better.. and why? I am shooting contemporary, but my father will be in his Navy officer uniform, and half the party in their dress blues (well why the F cant I call them dress blacks?! )
  3. Jessi
    not me but my sister...i'm still in the db stage...

she did pastel pink and a greenish...dont think it was olive, but it was a green, her hubby wore his dress blues and it was totally cute, yah it looked springy and it was december but hell its your wedding you can do whatever you want!!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i say reds/burgandy. i had chocolate brown, ivory and light pink as my colors
  5. celise
    mmm i like brown and pink.....
  6. luvmyairman
    I'm getting married in late September 2008 in Maine, and because the trees will be changing colors around that time, we decided on burgundy, dark green, and gold/yellow for colors. Those colors would work for November, too!
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Burgundy is pretty for that time of year.
  8. Senior Member
    Navy colors too me are blue and white. I found a website that has navy things for weddings also. But I love the purple family and burgandy and reds are very nice. my favorite.

9. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    We want to get married in like september and he wants to wear his uniform and the plan is to ahve the colors be red/burgundy because its SO pretty!!

good luck whatever you decide!
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celise View Post
    (well why the F cant I call them dress blacks?! )
    Sigh, I agree, but technically they are (or are traditionally) midnight blue. Under most lighting, Midnight blue shows up black then black shows up under those lights. Black usually shows up with a blue tint. Why can't we call them navy Tux's?

I like the red and burgandy
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"