Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question

1. Senior Member

Question I have a question

Advertisements
    This isn't too much of a big deal... but how long were you with your SO before things just, "clicked" and you started talking about your future a little bit and all that?

I mean Jon and I, like I said we've been together for about a month, and he's really wonderful, and we have a lot in common, and he's the total amazing antithesis of past relationships I've had... but I guess it's kind of making me a wee bit nervous how it's going kinda quickly. He tells me he talks to all his friends and guys, and his CO about me, and thinks about me all the time, and all the trips and things we will do together.

He was telling me some story the other night about how he shrugged off some of his guys who wanted him to go out trolling for chicks because "he has the girl he loves, and doesn't need anything else"

I'm not knocking that at all, it's just... wow... like... and he's all ready invited me to the USMC birthday ball for 2008, and said that I could move in with him if I wanted to when he gets his stuff all settled upon return and I finish school...

We both think about the possibilities, and he honestly makes me giggle and get giddy like a school girl... lol... but I'm concerned that some of it may not be real, but rather just a circumstance of the impending deployment... and I have learned from other relationships not to get my hopes up too much...

I don't want to come across as a pessimist, I'm just an optimistic realist... lol.
  2. Senior Member
    I know how you feel. Things moved very fast with me and my Db, too. And I did get a little hesitant.. just because I was in denial I guess you could say. But then I realized I was just in denial of how deeply I cared for him, because I never knew a love THIS strong. I had love for both of my exes, but now I realize I wasn't IN LOVE with them. I didnt know what it felt like until now. So I just had to talk myself out of the worrying, and go with what my heart felt, and I never looked back. I talk about this with DB, too, because we are so open with EVERYTHING, and I found out he felt the same way. That made it easier because then I knew I wasnt fabricating things in my head, and it was okay to feel the way I felt. Sometimes you fall so fast and so hard for someone, that your mind needs trime to catch up with your heart. Listen to your heart always, but be logical at the same time.
    Gotta look this life in the eye.
  3. C'swife
    I moved in with my now husband after we were only dating 2 months (this was way before he joined the marine corps though). we knew within the first month we wanted to get married but waited awhile. We lived together one year and a half when he joined the marine corps, were engaged after he graduated boot camp, and engaged for 9 months before marrying putting us at dating for a total of just about 2.5 years before marrying, and we've now been married a little over a year. I know what you mean about clicking because thats how it happened with my husband, it just clicked!
  4. Senior Member
    We were together about 3 months before we moved in together. We actually started talking about it and things "clicked" within a few weeks of dating. We will celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary in 12 days ( we've been together for almost 9 years, just took awhile to get married )
  5. Senior Member

None

I know how you feel.When i met Ray online.We were friends first.And then in a very short time.I realized i loved him. And knowing he felt the same But i was abit nervous about finding love online.And that none of my other relationships.I never had as strong feeling for them. My love for Ray is like nothing i have ever felt before. We talk about things. Like what it would have been like had we met when he was stationed in Maryland years ago.And we talk about marriage, having a big family, etc.

Trust your instincts. And what your heart is telling you.

Therese
  6. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    It took my DB and I a week before we knew that we weren't supposed to be with anyone else but each other I know that this is the man that I am going to marry and he knows that I am his future wife. Things are moving fast, but if its right its right and no one can stop it from happening
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I took things really s-l-o-w-l-y with dh because I had just gone through a horrible divorce. It took me a few months to come around.

Dh was revving to go but he understood my hesitation. In the end it all came together.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    After we spent our first weekend together...
  9. Senior Member
    It took a few days to realize that this man was the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life...Although we had known each other for about 10 years before that, this past April after a few days of reconnecting it clicked. We were engaged by June and will be married when he returns from deployment in March. It's easy to doubt something that happens so quickly, but it's not fair to deny your heart something it knows is right. Don't hold back unless there are true reasons for doing so!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  10. sillygrl76
    We met online like a month before he deployed and we clicked instantly. On our first date we looked like we'd been together for years. He is the sweetest man I have ever met
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast