Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Trust Milestone - kinda long

1. kristyw94

Jump for Joy Trust Milestone - kinda long

Advertisements
    Okay, the other day when the poll was put up about trusting I said I trusted my hubby 100%, and I had thought about it and was pretty sure I did, and 100% was the closest answer if not. I hadn't had anything come up for me to evaluate my trust in him for a long time. Well, today was the day that something came up, and I'm so excited.

My distrust of my hubby came up 15 years ago when some girl kissed him and he tried to lie to me about it. The kiss didn't bother me, but the fact that he tried to lie led me to distrust him. For years I struggled with it, and crazy ideas ran through my head over the slightest little thing. After I while, I finally realized that just because I thought something was going on, didn't mean there was. I learned to let go and stop giving in to these crazy thoughts.

Fast forward to present. Hubby is in Iraq and now has to train a female to take over for him. We have known (not well) this girl for 5 or 6 years and before it always bothered me when he had to be around her. She was blonde and had big boobs (that's what hubby likes, lol). Those thoughts always ran through my mind and I hated it. I was second guessing everything if he had to spend time with her.

Well, today, when he told me about working with her, and all the plans he has to mess with her, I felt absolutely no worry and I had no crazy thoughts! It didn't bother me in the slightest, and I have such a sense of peace and security. I just had to share! For all of you out there that are trying to work it out and recover from a lie, I want you to know there is an end. I wish you all the best of luck in achieving this same sense of peace!
  2. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    That is a big step! Im glad your finding peace. Unless you've been there, its hard to understand

We're from the country.. And we like it that way
  3. Wagz
    Glad you were able to get to the milestone