Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So When IS the best time to get Married...before or after??

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

So When IS the best time to get Married...before or after??

Advertisements
    When did you get married? Before, during or After your husbands joined?
  2. Senior Member
    He had been in for 2 years when we got married.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I got married after he joined. Right now dh is a recruiter and he says that if you get married before sometimes it's harder to qualify because you have to do a income sheet. basically to make sure you all can make it if he isn't there since it takes so long to get paid during BCT. i think it depends on you and your SO really.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. kristyw94
    I got married before he enlisted. I have always loved being able to say I was here first. But even more importantly, I learned things with him, and we helped each other adjust to this new lifestyle. We have grown up together in/with the Marine Corps.

I can't say if it's better than the other two because I have never done the other two. But I know I am glad that we did it this way, and I wouldn't change it one bit.
  5. C'swife
    when you are ready.
    DH and I got married after he was in, we'd lived together for a year and been together a total of 2.5 years. (before he joined) I don't think it matters if it's before or after he joins, whenever you are ready is a good time
  6. miss.p
    Well I don't think anyone can really say which is better because we've only ever done one or the other (unless you've been married a couple times..). We got married shortly after he joined. It had nothing to do with the military, just our relationship and when we were ready.
  7. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    engaged before, married after.
  8. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I don't really see where there'd be a disadvantage to either one. It's not really something that should affect the decision, time-wise.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  9. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Dh and I got married after he had joined..I didn't even KNOW him when he enlisted. However, he was married previously before he joined up, and it was hard on him because of their relationship. It just depends on the people in the relationship
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    we got married before he left for boot. like kristyw94 said, we got to learn things together and adjust together.

it was really hard to get by when he left though cause i wasn't getting any money from him at frist, and i was trying to support myself and pay all our bills with a part time waitress job.

but i think it's whenever you're ready. would you be ready to be "newly weds" and have him leave right shortly after the wedding, or would you rather have him home for a while. my sister in law married her husband 10 days before he left for iraq, i married mine 2 months before he left for boot. it just all depends on you guys.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast