Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal?

1. Senior Member

How do you deal?

Advertisements
    Last edited by Aurora; 01-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.

2. C'swife
    My husband doesn't go out and get drunk with anyone so I don't really know how to respond, but here's a hug
  3. C'swife
    I thought about it and I think I would just tell him that it bothers you. I'm sure once you tell him that he will decide not to go out, that would be the logical response if you are comitted to each other, that he would do what makes you happy...
  4. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    My husband doesn't do stuff like that, nor would I allow him to go out and get drunk either. I don't do those things, so I expect the same from him.

I would definitely tell him how you feel about it.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    At first I was ok with it. But then some girls came up to him and one tried to sleep with him. OK soo I know you cant base everytime off of things like that, buts it happened a few times and now he doesnt do that unless Im there too.
  6. Senior Member
    I have told him and he knows I hate it. For whatever reason getting a beer was really important to him. He was suppose to be staying at the place near base but just sent a text that he is going to Charleston and I know he is going to get smashed. I'd say more but then we'd have to move this to a vent

It kind of bothers me that other people's SOs don't do that...I thought it was normal but it obviously isn't and that means it is ok for me to be mad. Hmm...he might get a talking to later.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I dont know what you consider "normal" Im sure there are many SOs on here who dont go out, and also lots who do. Mine did for a while till I told him Its not ok anymore. Sorry your worried honey Try to stay positive
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Girls are always hitting on DB. He would always go out to the local pool hall/karaoke bar to shoot pool and sing. He went plenty times without me before he deployed, and I'm sure after he's been back for a while, he'll go without me again.

I trust him 100% and he has never given me reason to doubt him. Ever. Just because I don't like to go out all that often doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to go and hang out with his buddies.

JMO. Everyone's relationship is different.
  9. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    when my dh is away, he does go out with the guys, and i expect that. just like i go out with girls when he is gone. i just know that he has been working very hard and deserves a night out. i am confident that he knows and appreciates good food & drink and wouldn't do anything out of hand. and whatever does happen, i know i'll hear a play-by-play the next morning
  10. Senior Member
    DH and I are adults...if we want to go out with just our friends we are allowed. The last thing DH needs is his mom waiting at home to scold him. My DH does not drink anymore, he did though and it did not bother me.

I could not even imagine telling my DH he "can't" do something. But that is our relationship, it may not work for everyone but it's worked for us for over 13 years of marriage...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast