Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Am I over reacting?

1. Hawaii girl
    Hawaii girl

Am I over reacting?

Advertisements
    I'm not too sure if I've already put this issue of mine up already. But the situation is that my DB has a best friend that's a girl. I'm not trying to say that's wrong by itself though what gets me nervous is that they went out before we did. We've been going out for almost 2 years. As for him and his best friend it was just about 6 months when they were in high school. I kind of know his ex though not a lot and I'm not sure if I trust her. One of things that really gets to me is that when my DB were going out him 'n' his ex (or so called best friend) went on a trip to Kauai with his ex's family for about a week. THAT GOT ME SO PISSED! He kept on tell me that nothing happend and he would never cheat on me. I trust him...just that I don't fully trust her. I'm not too sure what to do with this situation. my DB keeps on telling me to tough it out when he comes back home for leave and she's there. What should I do 'n' what do you guys think?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I think you need to realize that he's been with you for 2 years and if you can't trust HIS judge of character after that long, you should reevaluate whether or not you trust him. They went out for 6 months in high school? That was a long time ago and most friends go out with each other in high school. Maybe you should try to get to know HER instead of letting jealousy eat you alive.

I'm friends with DB's girl friends, and if they don't want to be friends with ME, then he doesn't bother with them.
  3. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I have to say i agree ^^^^. YOu should get to know her better and maybe you will see why he is friends with her.
  4. kristyw94
    I think the trip was a little inappropriate, but since he's been with you for 2 years, and you haven't seen evidence of her undying love for him, I don't think you really need to worry about her. If they've been just friends for this long after they dated, then she probably isn't interested in anything more. I think that you should hold off on fussing, and just tell him in a non-threatening manner that by doing things like the trip, he's making you feel horrible, and since other ppl don't know there's nothing going on, that you will look like a naive fool to them, and that bothers you.
  5. Lizieneuf
    Things like this are hard, because if its really bothering you that bad, telling you to get over it is going to do nothing but upset you, although you need to find a way to get used to it. compromise and tell your DB that you dont like when they spend time together alone, and you want to be there. Be careful though, that can be touchy and you dont want to lose something good! keep in mind sweetie, hes been with you for 2 years, and if he was going to go for her, chances are he would have by now!!!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    if you trust him, dont even worry about the girl. any guy who is faithful will understand that should another girl strongly come on to him, it is time for him to push her away and out of his life.

dont worry about not trusting her. what she does isnt important. just how HE reacts to it.
  7. ArmyGirl
    if you trust him it shouldnt be a problem. I am still good friends with a guy i dated for a year before dh and i were together. Dh trusts me and knows I would never do anything, so its a non issue.
  8. Senior Member
    I'd be jealous too.. I'm not friends with any of my ex's because I know that it would hurt DH's feelings...
  9. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    Hummm I kinda have mixed feelings about this. I can understand where you coming from cause I would more than likely feel the same way. But then again he has been with you for 2 years. Go with your heart girl.
    Siggy under construction!!!