Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you who met your SO's...

1. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go

Love For those of you who met your SO's...

Advertisements
    Online...

What was the initial physical meeting like? I dont mean the I mean anything, in general..

We're from the country.. And we like it that way
  2. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    The first ten minutes were awkward but after that we talked for 9 hours so it obviously wasn't to bad! We met 15 months ago today
  3. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    The first ten minutes were awkward but after that we talked for 9 hours so it obviously wasn't to bad! We met 15 months ago today
    Did you guys kiss first? Hug? What was the FIRST thing you guys did??!?!

Congrats on the 15 months

4. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Well we emt at a tattoo parlar first. only cuz i knew all the guys in there so if he was a creap they were not going to let anything happen to me. Anyway...when i 1st saw him i thought he was a t-total dork!! I started at his feet and he had black velcro shoes on with the socks crunched down, he had super hairy legs he had elastic wasited shorts on and a Dragon Ball Z shirt on, his arms were hairy too! !st intial looks were aweful but i soon got over it! Ben turned out to be the best thing in my life and still is. I still tease him about his 1st looks! After the tattoo we went to dinner then to play pool. We didnt realy talk much at dinne rbut it got better. no wweve been married for 4 in Mid August
  5. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Well we emt at a tattoo parlar first. only cuz i knew all the guys in there so if he was a creap they were not going to let anything happen to me. Anyway...when i 1st saw him i thought he was a t-total dork!! I started at his feet and he had black velcro shoes on with the socks crunched down, he had super hairy legs he had elastic wasited shorts on and a Dragon Ball Z shirt on, his arms were hairy too! !st intial looks were aweful but i soon got over it! Ben turned out to be the best thing in my life and still is. I still tease him about his 1st looks! After the tattoo we went to dinner then to play pool. We didnt realy talk much at dinne rbut it got better. no wweve been married for 4 in Mid August
  6. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmycs2cti View Post
    @ the attire on him. AWWWW But it worked out, Dork or not! I already told DF that if he wears weird shoes, were going shoe shopping immediatly. He wears all the stuff I love though! Im just wondering what the first initial kiss/hug will be like. Im so nervous. I dont have much time to prepare. But I fell in love with HIM so what hes wearing doesnt matter. Hell, I feel like ive known him my whole life. Weve talked more than Ive ever talked to anyone, in person for that matter! Ive seen ALL of him, so im not worried about that.. Just a little nervous about the initial "meeting"

7. miss.p
    We kind of met online, lol. I mean we didn't really, but this was our situation:

We dated in high school, he was a couple years older. We broke up and didn't really speak for 3 years. Then we found each other on Myspace again. We hadn't talked in a while so it was so great to talk again. We never dated long enough in high school to ever have a serious relationship and never did anything but kiss. So when we started talking again it was like we were picking up where we left off. We talked online and on the phone for a while (he was on a TDY and I lived in another state). Finally after talking about getting back together I went to visit him at his base. OMG that was the worst day of my life (driving there). I was so so so scared because I hadn't seen him in 3 years and we had both changed a lot. I pulled into the front gate and they told me to turn in to the right and get a pass. He was there waiting for me, just standing there. I just remember not wanting to get out of the car because I was SO scared about what would happen. I opened the door and stood up. He took me in his arms and kissed me. I don't think we even said 'hi'. It was the most amazing feeling I've ever felt. It was when we both knew that we were 'right' for eachother. We married 3-4 months later and have been married for 15 months now
  8. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    We kind of met online, lol. I mean we didn't really, but this was our situation:

We dated in high school, he was a couple years older. We broke up and didn't really speak for 3 years. Then we found each other on Myspace again. We hadn't talked in a while so it was so great to talk again. We never dated long enough in high school to ever have a serious relationship and never did anything but kiss. So when we started talking again it was like we were picking up where we left off. We talked online and on the phone for a while (he was on a TDY and I lived in another state). Finally after talking about getting back together I went to visit him at his base. OMG that was the worst day of my life (driving there). I was so so so scared because I hadn't seen him in 3 years and we had both changed a lot. I pulled into the front gate and they told me to turn in to the right and get a pass. He was there waiting for me, just standing there. I just remember not wanting to get out of the car because I was SO scared about what would happen. I opened the door and stood up. He took me in his arms and kissed me. I don't think we even said 'hi'. It was the most amazing feeling I've ever felt. It was when we both knew that we were 'right' for eachother. We married 3-4 months later and have been married for 15 months now
    Your story gave me goose bumps! Im ready to cry thinking about it. Its SOOOO close, and Im SOOO excited! I think im gonna fall to my knees!

9. miss.p
    Quote Originally Posted by tifflovezyou View Post
    Your story gave me goose bumps! Im ready to cry thinking about it. Its SOOOO close, and Im SOOO excited! I think im gonna fall to my knees!
    It will be awkward, and weird, and scary- but it will be the most amazing moment and something you'll always remember. I know that I was worrying WAY too much about what to wear and if I looked ok. I realize now that it didn't matter at all. But I understand that you're going to worry about everything and that's normal.

I can't wait to hear your story!
  10. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I logged into a chat room for the first time in years because I was bored and it was raining. We talked for a whlle and I agreed to go out on a date with him the next night. I had NEVER done anything like that before.

I was waiting in my car and was scared that I wouldn't recognize him from his picture. He knocked on my car window and said "Ma'am you can't park here." I got out and started looking around for a sign saying I couldn't and then realized he was messing with me. I started laughing and he hugged me. It just immediately felt right. We went out from there but I drove and told him it was because he could be a weirdo who would keep me locked in a box under his bed.

Up until deployment not more than 48 hours have gone by that we hadn't talked in some way. I tell him all the time that I think we were just meant to be together because it was all so random how we actually found eachother.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast