Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: When is the best age to get married?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18-20

11 12.94%
  • 21-23

26 30.59%
  • 24-26

38 44.71%
  • 27-29

6 7.06%
  • 30+

4 4.71%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How young is too young

1. lamperz

Question How young is too young

Advertisements
    to get married?

my db wants to get engaged when he gets back from rtc, and get married after i graduate. highschool that is. O.o

nontheless, i'm . i love him to death and i do want to get married and stuff... just i don't want to be too young.

i'm scared to hurt his feelings also. any advice?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it depends on the relationship
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I think you need to talk to him about your feelings. Any hesitation like that can not be ignored. If he loves you, he will understand.
  4. lamperz
    well we've been together for a year and 7 months. it would be 2 years and 6 months when i graduate highschool. i know a lot of people get married after like 3 or four years of being a close relationship... so the timing isn't off in my opinion, it's just the age. kwim?
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Anything under 25 is to young to get married IMO. I know that others have had different experiences & things are different for every relationship but I don't think you can know yourself before then.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't think there is a 'too young'. It depends on each individual. If you feel you're too young or you're jumping in a little too fast, maybe you should sit your df down and talk to him about it? Reassure him that you do love him and want to marry him, but you have some concerns about the timing.
  7. inlovewithjon
    Sweetie, I am 19 and I want to marry my fiance right now! We wanted to get married last year...lol. But i have one more year of college and we thought it would be best if i finished up there then we would get married. Everyone is telling me that i'm too young to get married and that i'm missing out on life...but i don't agree with that. Jon is my life and i need to be with him. No one understands that. Do you want to go to college? Would you work anywhere? I know you will make the best decision. Good luck babe!
  8. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    I don't think there is a 'too young'. It depends on each individual. If you feel you're too young or you're jumping in a little too fast, maybe you should sit your df down and talk to him about it? Reassure him that you do love him and want to marry him, but you have some concerns about the timing.
    I agree. It doesn't mean you don't love him, it just means that the timing is stinky!

I don't think there is an age to be married. Maybe getting engaged would be a good step? My fiance and I got engaged my freshman year of college. Best decision I ever made was to say yes to him-that was a year and a half ago. It was the perfect timing for us. Marriage on the other hand, we have some time to work on that!

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  9. lamperz
    i want to be a pharmacist, os i'm looking at a good 8 or so years of college after highschool. i think i want to wait until i'm at least 20 or 21. champagne anyone? lol
  10. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I think it depends on the person. At the same time, I think that there is too much growing up that happens between 18-24. So, for me, I don't think getting married before 24 is a good idea. I know a lot of people have done it and it worked out. I just think you should be older and able to support yourself 100% first.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast