Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fight

1. Senior Member

Whatever Wedding Fight

Advertisements
    So my fiance is currently deployed and we've been fighting on the phone about what color to have for the bridesmaid dresses/the wedding. It started out as play-fighting but I'm getting more and more upset about him not letting me do what I want.

So I've always wanted green...which he hates. When he was still here, we compromised to lavendar, which I was ok with, but the more I think about it, the more I still want green. Now he's saying he wants yellow...

I just don't know what to do...I'm sick of fighting about this, but he's not budging. Advice?

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i've got no advice, dh stayed out of the plans as much as possible
  3. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Same here. DH has pretty much let me handle everything. I always ask, but he just says to go with whatever will make me happy.

4. Senior Member
    yeah, i don't know why he wants to be involved so much...he's also convinced that all he will have to do is get back from iraq, say he loves me, and i'll do whatever he wants...MEN!!!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Dh adn I found a happy medium for ours-I wanted lavendar, he wanted blue so we had royal blue lavendar and periwinkle. Good luck.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    yeah, i don't know why he wants to be involved so much...he's also convinced that all he will have to do is get back from iraq, say he loves me, and i'll do whatever he wants...MEN!!!
    It is his wedding too.... Try to compromise on the "shade" of green.
  7. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    I'm sure you two can come up with some sort of compromise. Whatever I wanted for the wedding DH was fine with b/c he knew that its kinda one of those things that girls/females always dream about. He just wanted MY dream wedding.

Just talk to him and tell him how you feel about it, I'm sure there is a color you two can agree on!
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  8. Senior Member
    yeah, i told him he could pick out the shade (as long as it's not lime green - not my cup of tea) and that's still not working for me...hopefully we can agree on something soon because it's not like we have time to fight about this when they are limited to 30 minutes on the phone!

9. googlegirl
    yeah maybe you can use a green accent piece in a couple of places-- that does sound frustrating though--
  10. Senior Member
    i guess i've always thought guys wanted to stay out of the plans...and you always hear "the wedding is really for the bride"...i'm not big on planning weddings, so i'm glad he is willing to help with all the little details and whatnot, but who knew this would be such a source of frustration!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast