Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help dont know what to do

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Boy bye!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agusta View Post
    It's hard because I love and care about him. And I want him to go counseling and I want him to get help for the drinking and I don't want to just throw way the last 2 years. But I also don't want him thinking that he can get away with doing this
    Don't want to throw away 2 years of what? Being lied to and cheated on?

You gave him a second chance and nothing changed.

3. Senior Member
    You're falling for the sunk cost fallacy. You don't need to waste more time on a fuckboy just because you already wasted some time, you know? It doesn't get better from here. He already ruined it.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You're falling for the sunk cost fallacy. You don't need to waste more time on a fuckboy just because you already wasted some time, you know? It doesn't get better from here. He already ruined it.
    Fuckboy Fallacy?
  5. Regular Member
    From my experience, cheaters don't change. Especially if you've caught them multiple times.

I've been in an awful relationship, where I only stayed because I was comfortable and hoped it would change.
    As a result, I wasted SEVEN years of my life on a guy who NEVER changed.
    Broke up with him, and eventually met my current boyfriend, who actually loves and respects me.
    Breaking up with him was the best thing I ever did.
    I wouldn't want you being in that position. staying with someone for years and years- just HOPING for change.

I know it probably feels like the end of the world to leave this guy because you don't want the last two years to be wasted, but it's not the end of the world.
    There IS a better guy out there for you. I never believed it myself, but there is.

Don't settle.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    What everyone else has said!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Senior Member
    It's hard because I love and care about him. And I want him to go counseling and I want him to get help for the drinking and I don't want to just throw way the last 2 years. But I also don't want him thinking that he can get away with doing this
    two years of learning. not wasted.
    you stay with him when you KNOW this is only going to hurt you, that's wasting your time.
    counseling helps people who want to fix their relationship. His actions are not showing he cares and wants to fix anything.

Show some self respect (if you don't respect yourself, why should he?) and dump him.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'd be done. Don't keep yourself in an unhealthy relationship, no matter the reason. I've been through similar and it sucks and hurts, a lot. Don't do it anymore.
  9. Regular Member
    . I am at a total loss of what to do. please help
    No you aren't. I HOPE you just want confirmation that you deserve better... YOU DO.
    Be sure to require it from the NEXT guy.

I am so sorry for this guy's NEXT girlfriend... she could just go all "Carrie Underwood" on him.
  10. Regular Member

Exclamation When People Show You Who They Are... Believe Them, The First Time.

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I suspect you love what you used to have, and maybe the idea of him and of who you thought he was before he showed you his true colors. They just love the idea of the future they thought they were going to have, and the man they thought they were with until he showed them his true colors. That doesn't make it much easier to leave, of course. You mourn what you through you had. You mourn the partner you thought you were with until he showed you that man doesn't exist. You mourn the dreams and the hopes and the effort invested. That understandable. Perhaps counseling is a good idea, but for yourself, as a single person.

I won't even tell you how much time and money I had to pay to get that advice EONS ago.
    Nor will I say how many time I had to hear it before I "HEARD" it and how many tears and how much time I wasted between those two.
    Giving up those dreams of what "we COULD be... if only HE WOULD..."

OP - Take all this excellent advice and save the money, time, and tears and kick his ass to the curb

Remember the famous line from Maya Angelou that Oprah quotes a lot...

When People Show You Who They Are... Believe Them, The First Time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12