Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does not Skype. At all

1. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%

Does not Skype. At all

Advertisements
    We have been together for about a year when he was in my country and started dating right after we met, but then we have been in LDR for about 2 years after that. We used to meet every 3-4 months and vacation somewhere. But I have not seen him for a long time now; we text everyday, but he never makes an effort to Skype or video chat with me. I know he does not like talking on the phone, and he feels nervous about phone conversations but we are a couple! AND we don't get to see each other every day. To me it is disappointing how he says he misses me, but does not make an effort to see me.

Recently we had an argument about it and he reminded me how much he does not like that kinda stuff, but then we agreed that okay sometimes we can chat. I did not want to be pushy so I never brought it up anymore, and It's bee about a months after that argument that HE never asked to Skype. He does not work at the moment, and so stays home and plays video games or is facebookig/youtubing. So he has time and everything to do it.
    Am I freaking out of nothing, or is it NORMAL?
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    79%
    No, it is not normal or common. Not at all. To me, this sounds like something is up. A wife or girlfriend who might hear him talking or be around when you call.

Any guy not willing to put in the effort to Skype with me or talk to me wouldn't be worth a second more of my time, regardless of the reason.

Also, is he not in the military?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!
    Lv. Percent
    71.01%

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    No, it is not normal or common. Not at all. To me, this sounds like something is up. A wife or girlfriend who might hear him talking or be around when you call.

Any guy not willing to put in the effort to Skype with me or talk to me wouldn't be worth a second more of my time, regardless of the reason.

Also, is he not in the military?
    1000%

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%
    He is in AF. Waiting on his orders and he had a gap year pretty much, waiting on the job and etc. He is open about his relationship with me- it's there on his FB, I have met his family several times, his closest friends. We chat on the phone like all day, so I am sure he is loyal to me. It's just this one thing he does that it very weird.
    I was thinking maybe he is just so freaking stubborn to not wanna be flexible and do a video call even though he hates it, but still it's not an excuse. Especially when we do not meet for months and months at a time. He says he just hates talking on the phone :/
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    50.28%
    Do y'all have a game plan for ending your LDR? Kinda sounds like he's being a coward and pulling away instead of breaking up with you, especially if you haven't talked about moving to be together.
  6. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    65.25%
    I mean, it's good that he's talking on the phone with you, but still. Face to face interaction is so important with an LDR. This is not okay.
  7. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    13.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarfree View Post
    We have been together for about a year when he was in my country and started dating right after we met, but then we have been in LDR for about 2 years after that. We used to meet every 3-4 months and vacation somewhere. But I have not seen him for a long time now; we text everyday, but he never makes an effort to Skype or video chat with me. I know he does not like talking on the phone, and he feels nervous about phone conversations but we are a couple! AND we don't get to see each other every day. To me it is disappointing how he says he misses me, but does not make an effort to see me.

Recently we had an argument about it and he reminded me how much he does not like that kinda stuff, but then we agreed that okay sometimes we can chat. I did not want to be pushy so I never brought it up anymore, and It's bee about a months after that argument that HE never asked to Skype. He does not work at the moment, and so stays home and plays video games or is facebookig/youtubing. So he has time and everything to do it.
    Am I freaking out of nothing, or is it NORMAL?
    I might be misunderstanding this, but are you mad that you stopped bringing it up and he's also not bringing it up? Because if it's not something he likes doing it's probably just not on his mind. My bf and I are long distance for half the year and we barely ever skype, he's been gone since May and we've skyped literally once. It's not really part of our routine so idk tbh I never even think about it. I'm not a huge fan either, to me it's kind of boring. I don't think it's that weird that he's not into it.

However, it's very weird to be nervous about talking on the phone? What is he nervous about? And going back to the skype thing, I do understand why he wouldn't feel like doing it but it's obviously important to you so he should be doing it. Like I can't fault him for not caring for it/not bringing it up, but when you ask he should at least be willing to schedule a time for you. You have different communication needs but it doesn't seem like you're asking for anything unreasonable, it sounds like he's taking you for granted and not putting effort in. Or maybe he's losing interest and just going through the motions. Did all this start recently or has it basically always been like this?
  8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    11.17%
    I am another one who does not Skype or video chat. Not my thing. So I too can see how if it is not his thing, he is not going to be bringing it up. What would happen if you talked about it and actually set a date and time to Skype?
  9. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    79%
    Had has a gap year in the Air Force???
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    6.67%
    Gap year? Waiting on job? Has he even went through basic training?

Not being snarky. But it sounds like he hasn't flown out yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast