Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Marriage Counseling Through Tricare

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Marriage Counseling Through Tricare

Advertisements
    My wife, who is active duty in the navy, and myself are seeking marriage counseling. We looked into military one source, however she is currently in counseling herself with them for her personal reasons. I looked into myself applying for counseling myself but because it would be marriage counseling and they only allow one session at a time they would consider it a concurrent session for us both. I have been looking into other options and one is through tri care.

I have found conflicting statements if they do or dont. The Health Net website says that they do not however Tricare.mil says they do if either person has a diagnosed mental illness (we both have been diagnosed for more than one). Does anyone know which information is true? Do they or dont they?

Are there other options other than Chaplins?
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Tricare doesn't cover marriage counseling. You can go to a Chaplin or the mflc for counseling.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    Military one source should also cover marriage counseling too. Its classified as something else. Or at least that is what they told me when I started individual counseling.