Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: We FOUGHT!!!!...

  1. Senior Member
    TriggerHappy's Avatar
    TriggerHappy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,570
    #11
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    me three....OP I guess I don't get it, you figured it was about time to have a fight?
    From what I'm understanding is that she's happy about the result(s) after the conflict. Which lead to more grounded communication between the two and talks about where their relationship is heading.
    Guess what matters is that things are progressing and are okay in her relationship, which in itself is not a bad thing.
  2. OG Member
    April Lynne's Avatar
    April Lynne is offline
    OG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx area
    Posts
    18,486
    Blog Entries
    5
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
    From what I'm understanding is that she's happy about the result(s) after the conflict. Which lead to more grounded communication between the two and talks about where their relationship is heading.
    Guess what matters is that things are progressing and are okay in her relationship, which in itself is not a bad thing.
    IDK it's just the way the OP made it sound like a celebration, I'm glad they had a breakthrough in their relationship but it's concerning that it took an argument to do that


  3. Senior Member
    TriggerHappy's Avatar
    TriggerHappy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,570
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    IDK it's just the way the OP made it sound like a celebration, I'm glad they had a breakthrough in their relationship but it's concerning that it took an argument to do that
    I don't disagree as the method seems a little passive for me, but hey! it's great to see someone feel accomplished and happy.

    OP (ziah): I hope you guys can continue to flourish your relationship!
  4. Regular Member
    ziah's Avatar
    ziah is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    212
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    IDK it's just the way the OP made it sound like a celebration, I'm glad they had a breakthrough in their relationship but it's concerning that it took an argument to do that
    I've just always read/heard that if you don't have fights or disagreements, something is wrong with your relationship because someone is probably covering up their feelings to accommodate the other partner. So, I'm relieved that we were able to disagree in a healthy way and it was a new experience for us. Does that make sense? I realize this was probably a confusing post because of the way I presented it haha.

    eta: It was also kind of exciting for me because every other relationship I've had prior to this one has been toxic and fights were protracted, days-long affairs involving abusive language/behaviors.
  5. OG Member
    April Lynne's Avatar
    April Lynne is offline
    OG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx area
    Posts
    18,486
    Blog Entries
    5
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ziah View Post
    I've just always read/heard that if you don't have fights or disagreements, something is wrong with your relationship because someone is probably covering up their feelings to accommodate the other partner. So, I'm relieved that we were able to disagree in a healthy way and it was a new experience for us. Does that make sense? I realize this was probably a confusing post because of the way I presented it haha.

    eta: It was also kind of exciting for me because every other relationship I've had prior to this one has been toxic and fights were protracted, days-long affairs involving abusive language/behaviors.
    Don't always believe what you read, not every relationship requires fights or arguments for both partners to be expressing themselves. Relationship require open communication and accepting ears, you can both express your concerns/frustrations/opinions without an argument or fight as long as you're both willing to listen to the other and not get defensive.

    It does sound like the argument you had was productive and no one got nasty or is holding a grudge which is something and sounds like a healthy argument instead of a mean spirited argument like in toxic relationships. The post was just odd because it was a celebration of an argument.


  6. Senior Member
    CDNTrish's Avatar
    CDNTrish is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,435
    #16
    wut.
  7. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    rayfinkle's Avatar
    rayfinkle is offline
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,537
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ziah View Post
    I've just always read/heard that if you don't have fights or disagreements, something is wrong with your relationship because someone is probably covering up their feelings to accommodate the other partner. So, I'm relieved that we were able to disagree in a healthy way and it was a new experience for us. Does that make sense? I realize this was probably a confusing post because of the way I presented it haha.

    eta: It was also kind of exciting for me because every other relationship I've had prior to this one has been toxic and fights were protracted, days-long affairs involving abusive language/behaviors.
    Did you read that in a Cosmo or something?


    life's a party, rock your body
  8. Old Newbie
    MilitaryMandy's Avatar
    MilitaryMandy is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ziah View Post
    Eh. It's only been a year, six months of which he spent being deployed, the rest of which has been long distance, interspersed with visits ranging from a few days to a couple of weeks. We touched on those topics during that time but didn't feel ready to go in-depth on them until now
    Totally makes sense. Congrats on passing that threshold!
  9. we were all rooting for you
    KittenMittens's Avatar
    KittenMittens is offline
    we were all rooting for you
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,675
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMandy View Post
    Totally makes sense. Congrats on passing that threshold!
    FYI, this thread is pretty old.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •