Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We FOUGHT!!!!...

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    me three....OP I guess I don't get it, you figured it was about time to have a fight?
    From what I'm understanding is that she's happy about the result(s) after the conflict. Which lead to more grounded communication between the two and talks about where their relationship is heading.
    Guess what matters is that things are progressing and are okay in her relationship, which in itself is not a bad thing.
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
    From what I'm understanding is that she's happy about the result(s) after the conflict. Which lead to more grounded communication between the two and talks about where their relationship is heading.
    Guess what matters is that things are progressing and are okay in her relationship, which in itself is not a bad thing.
    IDK it's just the way the OP made it sound like a celebration, I'm glad they had a breakthrough in their relationship but it's concerning that it took an argument to do that

3. Senior Member
    IDK it's just the way the OP made it sound like a celebration, I'm glad they had a breakthrough in their relationship but it's concerning that it took an argument to do that
    I don't disagree as the method seems a little passive for me, but hey! it's great to see someone feel accomplished and happy.

OP (ziah): I hope you guys can continue to flourish your relationship!
  4. Regular Member
    I've just always read/heard that if you don't have fights or disagreements, something is wrong with your relationship because someone is probably covering up their feelings to accommodate the other partner. So, I'm relieved that we were able to disagree in a healthy way and it was a new experience for us. Does that make sense? I realize this was probably a confusing post because of the way I presented it haha.

eta: It was also kind of exciting for me because every other relationship I've had prior to this one has been toxic and fights were protracted, days-long affairs involving abusive language/behaviors.
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ziah View Post
    I've just always read/heard that if you don't have fights or disagreements, something is wrong with your relationship because someone is probably covering up their feelings to accommodate the other partner. So, I'm relieved that we were able to disagree in a healthy way and it was a new experience for us. Does that make sense? I realize this was probably a confusing post because of the way I presented it haha.

eta: It was also kind of exciting for me because every other relationship I've had prior to this one has been toxic and fights were protracted, days-long affairs involving abusive language/behaviors.
    Don't always believe what you read, not every relationship requires fights or arguments for both partners to be expressing themselves. Relationship require open communication and accepting ears, you can both express your concerns/frustrations/opinions without an argument or fight as long as you're both willing to listen to the other and not get defensive.

It does sound like the argument you had was productive and no one got nasty or is holding a grudge which is something and sounds like a healthy argument instead of a mean spirited argument like in toxic relationships. The post was just odd because it was a celebration of an argument.

6. Senior Member
    wut.
  7. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.

Did you read that in a Cosmo or something?

life's a party, rock your body
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Eh. It's only been a year, six months of which he spent being deployed, the rest of which has been long distance, interspersed with visits ranging from a few days to a couple of weeks. We touched on those topics during that time but didn't feel ready to go in-depth on them until now
    Totally makes sense. Congrats on passing that threshold!
  9. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMandy View Post
    Totally makes sense. Congrats on passing that threshold!
    FYI, this thread is pretty old.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12