Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making the move to marriage

1. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Advertisements
    I also knew right away this was a different relationship than any other I'd had. DB and I are kind of in the same limbo as you, OP -- we've been together a bit over a year and have talked marriage, but with him deploying very shortly, we're holding off on making any concrete plans. We agreed that we wanted to be sure that we got through deployment first. I'm sure we will, and I think once we're over that hurdle, we'll be getting engaged.

We said "I love you" very quickly (I said it first about 1.5 months in, and he returned it the same night about eight hours later). We first started talking about a life together about seven months into the relationship. I am about 99.9% certain he's the man I'm marrying -- his mind is obviously more preoccupied with going overseas right now, which is totally acceptable and more than fine. We'll have time to sort our own stuff out after he comes back.
  2. Senior Member
    DF and I just instantly knew. At the end of our first date I already felt so close and comfortable with him which is very unusual for me. Anytime we went out of town or were with people who didn't know us they all assumed we were married or engaged and we constantly joked about it. One day we were leaving his house to go to dinner and I was following him out the door, laughing at something he had said. He turned around, got the cutest smile and said "you know what? I really am going to marry you someday"

Now here we are, planning a wedding for this summer!
  3. Senior Member
    DH and I started dating the very end of our high school freshman year. At first I had no interest in him and didn't want to date him, but I gave him a chance. I was even going to break up with him cause over the summer he would only call me once a week saying 'hey you wanna go to the movies?' I thought it was odd that he only called me for that. Turns out he worked with his step father doing land scaping 6 days a week and only had Sunday available. Three months later he went as my date to my dad and step mom's wedding and right before he left he said I love you. I said it back. Even though we only saw each other about two to three times a month that summer our feelings just quickly grew. We talked about getting married and starting a family but were in high school. After 4 1/2 years he proposed and then married two days after our 6 year anniversary. So for not being interested in him, it all worked out!
  4. Senior Member
    I'd like to thank OP for this thread. I seriously love seeing everyone's cute love stories.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I'd like to thank OP for this thread. I seriously love seeing everyone's cute love stories.
    thanks OP

I met df on cinco de mayo in 2012 (almost 4 years ago), we started dating shortly after that, he told me he loved me on July of that year (of course i said it back). We started discussing marriage and me finshing school when we were together for almost 2 years. He proposed this Dec. And we are getting married in Oct.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. Senior Member
    Agreed!
  7. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    I met my [now] DH in 2006. We were exclusive from the first date.

I moved in to his apartment in 2008 and then he left on his first deployment. When he was away we started talking a lot about marriage and I really thought he would propose on our 3 year dating anniversary in Rome on R&R...he didn't

He proposed in 2010 and we got married in 2011

Our 5 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I met my [now] DH in 2006. We were exclusive from the first date.

I moved in to his apartment in 2008 and then he left on his first deployment. When he was away we started talking a lot about marriage and I really thought he would propose on our 3 year dating anniversary in Rome on R&R...he didn't

He proposed in 2010 and we got married in 2011

Our 5 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow
    Happy Anniversary!
  9. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm loving the stories too. Thanks for sharing everyone!!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oinkpig329 View Post
    I'm loving the stories too. Thanks for sharing everyone!!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12