Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you be jealous?

1. Regular Member

Do you be jealous?

Advertisements
    Hey I guys! I am starting to think am losing my mind. So my boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months now....we are very much in love and spend all the free time together. Considering we both are in Germany and therefore, without our families, we are always together. I am sure he is the one and during our last weekend, he told me the same.
    I had a chance to experience being a month apart because of his training in January and now I have to again. He left for school in the States on Saturday. Supposed to be there for a month. He called me when he had a layover and when he reached his destination. I undestand he was busy shopping and eating on Sunday (Germany sucks!) but I am used to us talking every day. We skype every day we are not together...for long hours.
    And now I have so much time on my hands. I see him online on Facebook but doesnt say much to me. He still texts me when he wakes up but it has only been a couple days and I am already tripping. What if this month going to break us up? He is out there having fun, always online talking to God knows who and his groupies he used to mess with are already hitting him up. Yes, I know I sound crazy and controlling and please believe me when I say I am not....I trust my man and I know how he feels about cheating but I am just worried him being home and around way more people is going to change his heart about me. I am sad he rather looks at facebook than texts me. Its probably nothing, I am probably just overreacting ( note, I had a major surgery done last week and it sucks recovering on my own...makes me very emotional ).... I just wonder....do you get jealous when your man is in training or away? Do you act crazy? Do you every worry things might happen and change your life?
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by kaywalton View Post
    Hey I guys! I am starting to think am losing my mind. So my boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months now....we are very much in love and spend all the free time together. Considering we both are in Germany and therefore, without our families, we are always together. I am sure he is the one and during our last weekend, he told me the same.
    I had a chance to experience being a month apart because of his training in January and now I have to again. He left for school in the States on Saturday. Supposed to be there for a month. He called me when he had a layover and when he reached his destination. I undestand he was busy shopping and eating on Sunday (Germany sucks!) but I am used to us talking every day. We skype every day we are not together...for long hours.
    And now I have so much time on my hands. I see him online on Facebook but doesnt say much to me. He still texts me when he wakes up but it has only been a couple days and I am already tripping. What if this month going to break us up? He is out there having fun, always online talking to God knows who and his groupies he used to mess with are already hitting him up. Yes, I know I sound crazy and controlling and please believe me when I say I am not....I trust my man and I know how he feels about cheating but I am just worried him being home and around way more people is going to change his heart about me. I am sad he rather looks at facebook than texts me. Its probably nothing, I am probably just overreacting ( note, I had a major surgery done last week and it sucks recovering on my own...makes me very emotional ).... I just wonder....do you get jealous when your man is in training or away? Do you act crazy? Do you every worry things might happen and change your life?
    if you trust him and your relationship, then you don't get jealous or "act crazy" when you're away from your SO. Being alone is hard, and you're allowed to feel these feelings but acting on them says something else. Relax and trust that if he says he loves you and wants to be with you, he means it.
  3. Senior Member
    no i trust my husband, and know he's committed to our marriage. Honestly, if a month stresses you out you're in for a long life if you want to be a military spouse. When DH was in Afghanistan the last time, the first 3 months he was at a fob with spotty communication, I maybe heard from him once a week for about 3 months. It's their job to be away. And I can imagine it would get old having a significant other who goes crazy every time they're gone.

4. Senior Member
    All of what's written in bold means you don't trust him. If you did, you wouldn't be jealous of his "groupies", you wouldn't monitor his FB, and you wouldn't keep wondering if he's going to dump you.

5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    All of what's written in bold means you don't trust him. If you did, you wouldn't be jealous of his "groupies", you wouldn't monitor his FB, and you wouldn't keep wouldn't keep wondering if he's going to dump you.
    ding ding ding you win!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Get help for yourself. Counseling or something. Because if this is how you are with a short seperation, you won't survive. Your "attitude" will rear itself, you two will start fighting, and he will either dump you or cheat on you because of your jealousy and insecurity.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    ...the hell is a "groupie" in this context? An ex?

Nah, I don't be jealous.

Trust in him and your relationship. Why do you think you will break up? Do you think he will fall out of love with you due to the distance?

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I mean when I was young and immature I be jealous.....But now that I am almost 30 and an adult I am not. I think that stopped when I was in my early 20's? If you don't trust your boyfriend then you don't need to be with him.
  9. Senior Member
    I don't think you're jealous as much as you are needy. if you trust him, there should be nothing to worry about. He will be back. When I was younger and immature, I used to need reassurance too. I get it, I was needy too. Been there. Just let it go. just because he's doing whatever he wants doesn't mean he stopped loving you. And if he did, you can't make him love you anyway. Might as well just go with the flow.
  10. Regular Member
    Honestly, Facebook can also be really wrong when it says somebody is active!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast