Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promise Ring

1. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    It is different for everyone but as others have stated most people IO know of that have gotten a promise ring ended up not even getting married to the person that gave it.

Now for *me personally* I got a promise ring that DH got me while he was making payments on the wedding band set. I was married within 2 months of getting the promise ring, and still happily married going on 6 years later. I was 20years old when my husband gave me the promise ring, and still 20years old when we got married.. However, then there is my sister who has gotten promise rings twice from two different guys. Neither of witch were relationships that lasted over a year.. She was 18 the first one she got, and around 19 the second one she got.(Every single guy she dates besides 1 has been "the ONE", and then within a year of saying they are "the ONE" she breaks up with them and moves on.)
    Wait so you got a promise ring after you were engaged?
  2. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    Or she could be like me, we skipped the engagement period altogether.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    No skipped the engagement altogether. My DH got it while he was paying off the wedding band/engagement band set. I guess you could say the promise ring was sort of like a engagement ring even though I had no idea he was paying off the other set of rings and was about to pop the question. Only thing we had really talked about up at that point was moving in together, and "getting married within the coming year or so". Nice little surprise though and the way we got married is not "traditional" by any means. Since well for one we had only been dating for about 5 ish months in total by the time we got married. Then one day my now DH just said "Hey wear something nice when we go out later okay". He had set up a day for his friends to help watch DD, and then when already in the car heading to the court house. He said "how would you feel about marrying me today?" He had even gathered up all my legal documents from where I had them, and already had them in the car! It worked out though since well here I am almost 6 years later still married to him and we now have a 14month old son. People IRL normally just stare at me not quiet knowing what to say when I tell the stopry of how we met and how fast we got married.
    Signature removed due to size.
  4. Regular Member
    LoveMikeyBear, that is so cute! An update is I no longer think he is getting me a promise ring. I think money is a little tight or something so thats okay. By the sounds of it it seems like some of them are cursed anyway!! Hahah thank you all though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12