Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the Marriage Bug

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Dance Getting the Marriage Bug

Advertisements
    So I have been with my SO for a year and four months now and for some reason I'm starting to get the marriage bug! We talk about it all the time, he says that he definitely wants to get married in the future and have a family but a little piece of me is envious to see all of my friends getting engaged and having babies. Am I rushing my time? We plan on moving in together in a few months; I really love him and I know he loves me. Is it just something that happens at a certain age? I'm 27. Maybe I'm starting to feel that I'm getting old😱
  2. Senior Member
    I'm 24, have been with DB for a little over 3 and a half years and I've had the marriage bug for like at least a year, if not longer hahah Luckily most of my friends aren't married yet, only a few that are recently engaged or getting married (one that is in a military relationship). I think it just happens when you hit that point where you know you want to be with someone for the rest of your life, so to some, it's like what are we waiting for.
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I get where you're coming from with being envious of your friends and stuff but you're much better off letting your relationship progress at it's own pace and not rushing to catch up with your friends. Also, don't try to figure when or where or how he's going to propose because that's one moment you want to be taken completely by surprise!!! You're totally not getting old either btw, I got married at 26 so you're ok

4. Senior Member
    I guess I'm kinda a weirdo when it comes to marriage, because I've never had any specific desire to get married. I was in a LTR that lasted several years, we had talked about doing it someday but never did. I'm currently engaged to my new SO, but I don't feel any different than I did before. I guess it's because either way, living together or married, I know like with my former SO that this is a lifetime relationship.

I'm 28 so I don't think 27 is old at all.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Just don't rush it! Don't pressure him either! Pressuring him could push him away! Let your relationship run its course in its own time. Everyone is different. Every relationship is different. Just hang in there (and create a secret wedding board on Pinterest )

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    You can go back through my old posts on here when I was just dating my DH and I had the marriage bug BAAAAADDDDD. Just let your relationship flow naturally and in the meantime just make a giant wedding pinter eat board like I did lol!
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Nutmeg View Post
    You can go back through my old posts on here when I was just dating my DH and I had the marriage bug BAAAAADDDDD. Just let your relationship flow naturally and in the meantime just make a giant wedding pinter eat board like I did lol!
    OR just go back and find one of the old Waiting for the Rock lists!!! I think we ALL had the wedding bug and most of us are married now (around 2011/2012 timeframe)

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    OR just go back and find one of the old Waiting for the Rock lists!!! I think we ALL had the wedding bug and most of us are married now (around 2011/2012 timeframe)
    omg now i have to find it lol!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Is that still active? I need to take my name off.
  10. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Nutmeg View Post
    omg now i have to find it lol!
    do it!

Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post
    Is that still active? I need to take my name off.
    I think they have a newer version these days but I'm not sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast