Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with an SO who is scared of a good relationship?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthiea View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have a great story in mine we broke up because of it. He didn't appreciate me and kept running away using "scared" as an excuse. Turns out he was just an asshole . I would seriously think about if this is the kind of relationship you want to invest in.
    Yup, this has been my experience recently. He was afraid of a life long commitment, given his complicated past, and I moved. Then he wanted me back, so I moved back...and then the same thing. I'm back in my home state, he's really far away, and I'm getting endless, "I didn't realize what I had with you / I didn't realize how much I care for you / I didn't realize how good you were for me..." texts. I know it's real hard. I still don't even know what I'm doing. And I wanted to fight for that relationship, and fight for him, until the ends of the earth!
    I'm still struggling with that, so know that I know exactly where you're coming from. But as I struggle with it, I try to tell myself, 'In all the times you fought for him, and tried to have him see the light...did he reciprocate? He only wanted you when you were gone. When you were there, why couldn't he see in you what you saw in him?' So I don't really know what to tell you. I don't think I'll give it another go, because I thought when I came back after that first time...everything would be okay. Same old situation, same old him. Having your heartbroken twice? It does things to you...
  2. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Yup, this has been my experience recently. He was afraid of a life long commitment, given his complicated past, and I moved. Then he wanted me back, so I moved back...and then the same thing. I'm back in my home state, he's really far away, and I'm getting endless, "I didn't realize what I had with you / I didn't realize how much I care for you / I didn't realize how good you were for me..." texts. I know it's real hard. I still don't even know what I'm doing. And I wanted to fight for that relationship, and fight for him, until the ends of the earth!
    I'm still struggling with that, so know that I know exactly where you're coming from. But as I struggle with it, I try to tell myself, 'In all the times you fought for him, and tried to have him see the light...did he reciprocate? He only wanted you when you were gone. When you were there, why couldn't he see in you what you saw in him?' So I don't really know what to tell you. I don't think I'll give it another go, because I thought when I came back after that first time...everything would be okay. Same old situation, same old him. Having your heartbroken twice? It does things to you...
    Please don't bump old threads. Sam made this thread back in June and hasn't been back since. She probably won't ever see your post.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12