Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Soon-to-be...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Soon-to-be...

Advertisements
    My fiancé is in the Marine Reserves and so we live together in our own home, we both have jobs, we both go to college and we love our lives. We'll be getting married sometime next year Summer and I couldn't be more excited. When we get married, he'll be 22 years old and I'll be 20 years old. But because we're getting married young, what would be some good advice as far as being young and married. We've both agreed that we want to wait starting a family because we both want to get through college first. But some good advice would be wonderful.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This would be my advice (and my own personal opinion) for anyone-- Don't let other people make the decisions/have a say regarding your relationship and have enough respect for each other to not constantly air every single thing that happens.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Don't let people look down on you because you're "young". Be prepared for people to make rude comments about stuff that's none of their business.

I believe "when you know, you know" thing. Some people know when they're 20 and some don't know until they're 40. Some know after their first date and other need year before they're sure.

Just love your fiancee and be prepared to grow together

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katybabe16 View Post
    My fiancé is in the Marine Reserves and so we live together in our own home, we both have jobs, we both go to college and we love our lives. We'll be getting married sometime next year Summer and I couldn't be more excited. When we get married, he'll be 22 years old and I'll be 20 years old. But because we're getting married young, what would be some good advice as far as being young and married. We've both agreed that we want to wait starting a family because we both want to get through college first. But some good advice would be wonderful.
    DH and I were both 19 when we got married. Focus on these things and you will be just fine:

- Communication
    - Respect
    - Patience and Understanding
    - Trust
    - Learn to rely solely on each other