Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New Navy Baby!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused New Navy Baby!

Advertisements
    I realized the title may be a bit confusing so let me first start off by saying I am not having a baby. Lol! With that out of the way I guess I'll just jump right into this
    My name is Haley! I am a newly-become girlfriend of an incredibly amazing Navy man! I started off in this relationship with very little to no knowledge at all about the Navy (At my school we mainly just went over army, and even that was briefly) so I have lots to learn.
    We are fairly young, (Him being 18, me being 17) but we have been friends for a while and we both have the intention of being together for a while (why start a relationship if you plan to end it anytime soon or at all for that matter). But basically he has not gone to boot-camp yet. It will start July 22nd of 2015. I have no clue what to expect. He will be gone for 8 weeks, and we're pretty much inseparable as it is now, so I'm not sure how to handle him being gone when the thought of not being with him every day brings tears to my eyes.
    I'm terribly sorry if this seems a bit out of order, I'm just not sure what to say or how to say it. I'm just extremely curious what to expect as a navy mans girlfriend. I'm extremely proud of him and couldn't have more faith in us, I just have so many wonders of how I'm going to cope and what to expect.
    Thank you all so much for the help!
    -Haley
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    When fo you turn 18? Unfortunately this site is 18+ only because of dome of the topics discussed. Like out naked selfies for soldiers forum.

Just kidding about that last part.

or am i?

Ladies, why dont we have a naked selfies area?

Or do we already?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SailAwayHaley View Post
    I realized the title may be a bit confusing so let me first start off by saying I am not having a baby. Lol! With that out of the way I guess I'll just jump right into this
    My name is Haley! I am a newly-become girlfriend of an incredibly amazing Navy man! I started off in this relationship with very little to no knowledge at all about the Navy (At my school we mainly just went over army, and even that was briefly) so I have lots to learn.
    We are fairly young, (Him being 18, me being 17) but we have been friends for a while and we both have the intention of being together for a while (why start a relationship if you plan to end it anytime soon or at all for that matter). But basically he has not gone to boot-camp yet. It will start July 22nd of 2015. I have no clue what to expect. He will be gone for 8 weeks, and we're pretty much inseparable as it is now, so I'm not sure how to handle him being gone when the thought of not being with him every day brings tears to my eyes.
    I'm terribly sorry if this seems a bit out of order, I'm just not sure what to say or how to say it. I'm just extremely curious what to expect as a navy mans girlfriend. I'm extremely proud of him and couldn't have more faith in us, I just have so many wonders of how I'm going to cope and what to expect.
    Thank you all so much for the help!
    -Haley
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to answer since she's a minor... If not, then I'm sorry.

DH and I spent the time leading up to his departure to basic enjoying ourselves and we tried not to think about him leaving. All the military stuff you'll learn as you go through experience, your own research, and by listening to your DB. The separation while he's away at basic is going to be rough though since you go from talking and seeing each other every single day to having little communication mostly through letters. But, you will pull through it! Keep the letters positive and try and motivate him. DH liked it when I'd send him pictures of his family and me so he could see what we were up to.

After basic, the communication is a lot easier (you can skype, email, talk on the phone). It will pretty much be your typical LDR. You'll find your groove and learn how to keep your relationship fun and exciting.

Please come back and join the forum when you turn 18! This site has a lot of very friendly people who have plenty of good advice to give you.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Closed due to OP status.