Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where you met..because we haven't had one of these in a while :)

1. Senior Member

Where you met..because we haven't had one of these in a while :)

Advertisements
    So..how did you and your spouse meet? And what did you do for your first date?

I'll start: DB and I officially met at an Irish Pub in the city in Germany where I did my internship and he happened to be stationed. I guess in reality it was a blind date sort of thing because we had previously talked on Tinder LOL. He had spontaneously asked me if I wanted to come out to the pub that night, not really expecting me to say yes. I, however at that point had just moved to the city and didn't know a soul, so I was like why not?
    When I got there, he hadn't arrived yet and whenever a cab would pull up in front of the pub I got extremely nervous, expecting it would be him haha. When he finally arrived, I have to admit I was slightly shocked at how short he was
    I should probably mention that I am 5'9 and he is 5'6 on a good day. But once we got talking, we really hit it off! At one point some guy passed us and asked DB if we were on a date and he immediately said "Yeah". I really liked his confidence in the answer and I think he had me then.
    After a while we moved on to a different bar and while I was sitting on a bar stool next to him he finally brought up the courage to kiss me
    Well, I ended up at his place that night and we spent 4 consecutive days together right away. I kept having to bite my tongue so much because after 2 days I really wanted to tell him that I love him. Of course I didn't want to scare him away so I kept it to myself but on the fourth day he said it himself
    This was seven months ago and while we are in a LDR right now, I cannot wait to start our future together!

Your turn
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Aww that's cute!!

DH and I have a kind of complicated story. We "met" online when we were youngins (I was 15, I think). He had written the "world's worst personal's ad" on this website we were both part of and I liked it so I replied Oh the days of unregulated internet...

We remained penpals/internet friends for years and years and then one day I emailed him and basically was like "hey... let's be more than friends! " And he was very shocked but said sure and we managed to meet in person finally about 6 weeks after that email. The rest is history
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Aww that's cute!!

DH and I have a kind of complicated story. We "met" online when we were youngins (I was 15, I think). He had written the "world's worst personal's ad" on this website we were both part of and I liked it so I replied Oh the days of unregulated internet...

We remained penpals/internet friends for years and years and then one day I emailed him and basically was like "hey... let's be more than friends! " And he was very shocked but said sure and we managed to meet in person finally about 6 weeks after that email. The rest is history
    Ngl as a complete Internet nerd this is like, my romance fantasy
  4. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Db and I met through my bff and a friend of his, they were hooking up and DB asked my bff if she knew of any single women, well I was it She sucked at giving him my number because I wanted to text and talk on the phone a few times before meeting and we almost didn't meet till I finally asked her for his number and when she didn't I finally "yelled" at her. He text me, we text and chatted a few times and then about a week or two later we met and the rest is history! I love that man.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ngl as a complete Internet nerd this is like, my romance fantasy
    omg. It was a terrible personal's ad. Actually, the forum where he posted it was shut down like a week later because too many people were soliciting minors (nevermind the fact that they were minors too)

He told me just a few months ago finally that I was not the only girl who replied and I actually got jealous briefly.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Met virtually online...met physically in Hawaii. We had been talking for awhile, mostly just as friends because he was stationed in Hawaii, soon to be Guam, and I live in Boston. We knew the odds were totally against it and tried our best to fight the feelings. Eventually, we couldn't stand it, he flew me out to Hawaii for a long weekend . Yea, who goes to Hawaii just for a long weekend?! It was the most random, exciting, romantic, amazing time I've ever had. After the weekend was done, I headed back to Boston, and DB was off to Guam the very next day. Since then he takes leave whenever possible to come see me, he jokes and says it is my turn to come to him...being a 24 hour flight and all, he wants a break Not sure where the future will take us, but it has been an amazing ride so far.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I used to work with his sister. He came by to see her and she told him I wanted his number. I was recently out of a 1 year relationship and had no desire to get into another relationship. I begged her not to say anything to him...she had told me prior to his arrival she was going to tell him, even though I never said anything to her about him. I didn't want to be rude so I called him. Last month we celebrated 14 years of marriage. Guess it is a good thing I decided not o be rude. Lol

We had our first date 3 weeks after our first phone conversation. He picked me up and we just went back to his house so we could watch a movie and talk, just us. That was also when I learned, if I ever wanted something to eat, bring it with me. Cause he and his roommate didn't have 2 items that go together. Lol
  8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    We met on OkCupid

We chatted on the site for a good few weeks before he finally asked me if I had Thanksgiving plans. I told him I was going to visit family but only for one or two days since I actually had two job interviews for the day before and two days after. We talked on the phone exclusively for a while when we first stopped talking online - he was in the field. He was up in VA at Quantico and it was freezing outside, but he'd always get out of his bed and walk outside to call me to say goodnight When we first Skyped, it was like we'd known each other forever. We talked for hours and planned to meet in person when he came home from the field and had leave.

We finally met the day before Thanksgiving. I drove two hours to Raleigh to meet him (his friend drove him halfway from Lejeune). We actually met outside of a Starbucks off i40...every time I used to pass the exit it made me smile! The moment we met, we had a huge hug and he spun me round in the parking lot until I got dizzy. Then I took him to my old apartment/city. We spent his 96 together and he even met my family (two days after meeting me for the first time - his idea...he's brave). I suppose our real first date was on Thanksgiving day. He was so worried about where to take me for lunch and since everywhere was closed the only place we could go was an Indian buffet. It was so good! We actually saw each other for his 96 and then his unexpected pre-deployment leave, about ten days total, and then he deployed for seven months. We're still together and so happy.

And the rest is history!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Vegas.

Not classy Vegas either... lol. At the old Rock House inside the old Imperial Palace. He said he'd call/text, he didn't. Two nights later he chased me down during a black jack game... I got mad because he never texted. He got mad because I never replied.

I'm Canadian... he didn't put a 1 in front of the number. He showed me all the texts he tried to send We were married in Vegas 3yrs later
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We met on POF and talked for about 2 weeks while he was on vacation then met up at an Irish bar when he got home. We ended up going to another bar that night and getting pretty hammered and having to walk home haha. It was fun and led to some pretty awesome conversation
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast