Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ready to move on, any advice on how to do that?

1. Senior Member

Ready to move on, any advice on how to do that?

Advertisements
    I haven't been on here for sometime now, but I am hoping that someone has some advice. Unfortunatly, several months ago, my relationship ended. He just began to become distant and was lost on where he wanted to be. Although we loved each other, we just could not make it work. He was discharged due to health issues that he could not fix and made the decision to move back home to be closer to his family and his little girl. I can't blame him but on the other hand I don't know where to go from here. I am would really like to meet another person but have no idea what to do or where to turn. Does anyone know of a place where you can start like a pen pal friendship. UGH, I feel like such a loser and just want to have something real again. Any help is welcome, I am glad that there is groups like this full of people to talk to.
    So close your eyes and sleep to dream. I'm by your side. No words to speak. We'll set our course and make it through. No matter how far, my heart remains with you.
    ~ Loving Army Girlfriend
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't know about pen pal friendships really, the only thing like that I have heard of is where people write to soldiers but I think that's more of friendship and not so much looking for relationships. Sometimes people correspond on online dating sites for a long time before they meet but I guess if someone's in your area they'd most likely want to meet in person.

Maybe volunteering etc. would also help you meet people (and not even necessarily in a romantic way) and take your mind off what's going on? Austin is a great city and there's SOOOO much to do there.
  3. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

First off, you're not a loser There are plenty of apps where you can meet people if you have a smartphone. I've heard meetup is really popular (if you have an iPhone) or meetme (if you have an android). You can also google and there are a bunch of other apps! Oh, and I googled out of curiosity and if you want a true pen pal, check out this website: Welcome to PenPal World Hope I helped!
  4. Senior Member
    Thank you ladies, this is why I love this community. Thought that since I wasn't in a military relationship anymore that I might need to find other forums. I like all of your suggestions and am certainly not up for any relationships right now. I will check out the pen pal and volunteering. I might just take this time for myself, I need to get into a healthier state mind and body. Guess it was for the best. Thank you all again!
    So close your eyes and sleep to dream. I'm by your side. No words to speak. We'll set our course and make it through. No matter how far, my heart remains with you.
    ~ Loving Army Girlfriend
  5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I agree that meetup.com is a great place to find groups of people who get together to do things you are interested in
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by CountryMGF View Post
    Thank you ladies, this is why I love this community. Thought that since I wasn't in a military relationship anymore that I might need to find other forums. I like all of your suggestions and am certainly not up for any relationships right now. I will check out the pen pal and volunteering. I might just take this time for myself, I need to get into a healthier state mind and body. Guess it was for the best. Thank you all again!
    I definitely hope you stay! There are tons of us here who aren't in military relationships.