Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys are so blind sometimes :P

1. Regular Member

Giggle Guys are so blind sometimes :P

Advertisements
    So last month, DB had to go away for a couple of weeks to see some family. Before he left for that trip, though, he was TDY for a couple of weeks. I knew I wanted to give him something to take on the second (family-related) trip so I worked feverishly the night before he got home from his TDY to make one of those "52 Reasons..." deck of cards. He was only home for one night before leaving to see his family, so I snuck out to my car that night (my vehicle is more reliable/long distance travel ready, so I had him take it instead of his) and attached the deck of cards around the gear shifter thinking "There's no way he'll miss this!" Well. 13 hours later when he arrived at his destination I found out he never actually looked at it for the ENTIRE trip. The dork. When I told him it was for him he was like "OH. THAT'S what that is...I was wondering." Men. They're just a little dense sometimes.
    Just wanted to share because it made me giggle. And I am also posting pictures to show off my hard work and the fact that it was in a remarkably hard-to-miss place. Like how can you not start flipping through it? Lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    SERIOUSLY HOW DO YOU MISS THAT^^^^
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    well... I'm on his side.

I honestly would not have noticed something there. Or if I did I wouldn't have been like 'what IS that'.. being that its your car I would have thought it was just something you had attached to the gear shift (like some sort of decoration).

Just because its on the gear shift doesn't mean he actually saw it.

I thought you meant it was like on the actual knob... like he would have to have touched it or move it out of the way to shift.

But kudos for the good job with the cards.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Love the idea, but you can't fault him because it's not his car so maybe he just thought it was something of yours.
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    well... I'm on his side.

I honestly would not have noticed something there. Or if I did I wouldn't have been like 'what IS that'.. being that its your car I would have thought it was just something you had attached to the gear shift (like some sort of decoration).

Just because its on the gear shift doesn't mean he actually saw it.

I thought you meant it was like on the actual knob... like he would have to have touched it or move it out of the way to shift.

But kudos for the good job with the cards.
    It didn't fit around the steering wheel, or else I probably would have attached it to that instead! It's covering up all the letters for the gears (P,N,R,D) so I thought he would notice it when he had to shift since he doesn't know my car. Plus it was just so big and bulky...I guess I relied too heavily that his curiosity would get the best of him. Oh well, once I informed it was indeed for him he absolutely loved it, which is what counts. It still makes me laugh though. I guess I'll have to find an undoubtedly obvious place next time
  5. Senior Member

Hahaha DH wouldn't have noticed either! Sometimes he's got his head in the clouds and It's like if it's not wrapped it in a giant box with a neon sign pointing to it "Look. Gift!" he'd totally miss it.

ETA: Good job on the gift! I've made one too and it took foreverrrrrrrr!

6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by klmonette View Post
    It didn't fit around the steering wheel, or else I probably would have attached it to that instead! It's covering up all the letters for the gears (P,N,R,D) so I thought he would notice it when he had to shift since he doesn't know my car. Plus it was just so big and bulky...I guess I relied too heavily that his curiosity would get the best of him. Oh well, once I informed it was indeed for him he absolutely loved it, which is what counts. It still makes me laugh though. I guess I'll have to find an undoubtedly obvious place next time
    Lol...
    Well I don't need the letters to drive a manual.. the gears are roughly the same.. especially if I have driven the vehicle before..

I guess he isn't the curious type
    but yeah, at least he loved what you did, that's what matters.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

Hahaha DH wouldn't have noticed either! Sometimes he's got his head in the clouds and It's like if it's not wrapped it in a giant box with a neon sign pointing to it "Look. Gift!" he'd totally miss it.

ETA: Good job on the gift! I've made one too and it took foreverrrrrrrr!
    Haha, right?! One track minds, I swear. I left him another little gift recently and that time I made sure to prop it up against his watch (he never leaves home without it) and with his name on it in big giant letters. He found that one a little quicker
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    How cute!!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I love the cards idea, that's cute! My husband definitely would have noticed the item clunking around as he shifted and taken it off lol-- he gets driven nuts if there's something rattling when we drive. No way would be put up with something clanking on the gear stick! So I think it's reasonable to think that he'd find it lol. Glad he liked it! Very creative
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love it!

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast