Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook and Your Relationship

1. Senior Member

Facebook and Your Relationship

Advertisements
    I personally both love Facebook and also think it's the devil. I'm 26 as of yesterday, DB is 24 and so we're both on FB a lot. Whenever we first started dating, it used to drive me CRAZY when he would be liking other girl's status, pictures, etc. Then I actually asked him about Facebook one day and he said "I talk to you all the time, why do I need to like your stuff on there? Mainly I use it to talk to my mom (he's deployed) and just scroll through other shit while waiting on her." I will say I'm much more confident in us than I was in the beginning, so it doesn't bother me so much anymore, especially because if he's on he's already talking to me. Anyway...I'm just wondering how many people think Facebook adds to a relationship or do you think it makes it a little more difficult when you're away from your loved one?
  2. Senior Member
    I think it can be the devil if you have trust issues in your relationship. But if you trust each other and don't have any issues, I think it's a great way to stay in touch when you are away from each other. Even if you talk every day, they can see any pictures you post and it can be nice.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think Facebook is anything other than a way to keep in contact with people I want to keep in contact with. I don't think it adds or takes away anything from my relationships with people. It's just Facebook.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I don't think Facebook is anything other than a way to keep in contact with people I want to keep in contact with. I don't think it adds or takes away anything from my relationships with people. It's just Facebook.
    -- it is a tool - it is not a "being". I don't see it as any different than any other method or form of communication and contact that exists in your day-to-day life. FB does not "do" anything to a relationship, positive or negative.
  5. Senior Member
    This. It's a website. It never bothered me that DH would like other people's statuses, or talk to people, or whatever. I mean, I wouldn't get jealous if he liked something someone said in real life so why on earth would I care online? DH hardly uses facebook really now that he's home from deployment. I'm grateful for it because we were able to facebook message quite a bit once he moved to a bigger base halfway through.

I don't know, I agree with Lynn, it's just facebook

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    This. Facebook has nothing to do with our relationship other than the chat feature which is usually our means of communication.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    This. It's a website. It never bothered me that DH would like other people's statuses, or talk to people, or whatever. I mean, I wouldn't get jealous if he liked something someone said in real life so why on earth would I care online? DH hardly uses facebook really now that he's home from deployment. I'm grateful for it because we were able to facebook message quite a bit once he moved to a bigger base halfway through.

- that, to me, is nothing to do with FaceBook and everything to do with one's own issues/insecurities.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

The bolded is so true. So true.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    it drove you crazy when he liked other girls pictures and statuses? Why? Is/was it a jealousy issue? Did you feel the same way when he likes guys statuses/pictures? We had one Facebook incident but that got taken care of it pretty quickly. DF isn't really on FB a lot though. I also trust him a lot, and even if he liked pictures and statuses left and right, I wouldn't care. In my opinion, if you look for something, something will always be there.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It was useful when Dh and I were in LDR and now I use it to talk to my friends/family in the states. It only becomes a problem if you make it one IMO.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast