Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet things

1. Senior Member

Sweet things

Advertisements
    DB just told me to get Rosetta stone from his brother and get it to him because he wanted to learn Swedish to be able to speak to my family and friends when we go to visit. My family and friends are 5000 miles away and all speak english so it's totally "unnecessary" .. But that might still be the sweetest thing anyone has ever offered to do for me. Learning a new language is hard.

What has your SO done/said lately that's been really sweet?
    If you're too proud to follow rivers, how are you ever gonna find the sea?
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Dh went to the brewery and got me a gallon of my favorite beer because the stores around here weren't selling it in bottles It was quite a ways out of his way to go there but it was sweet.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Moderator

Sometimes he gets out of bed in the middle of the night to fart in another room.
  4. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    Sometimes he gets out of bed in the middle of the night to fart in another room.
    I wish my DH would do that

Well DH learns German and when he tries to speak or translate, it is cute.. also all the things he has done the last months that we can be together means a lot to me. especially in the time I was not able to work because the papers were not done..
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
  5. Senior Member
    Its so stupid but my favorite little sweet thing is when he kisses me on the forehead.

Then, when he came here to help me move in (which was super sweet in itself), we were saying bye, standing next to his car and he grabbed my face and kissed my....forehead in my mind im like hey wtf but i still closed my eyes and grinned cuz its so cute...and as I was opening my eyes, he kissed me. It shocked me, cuz you know the eyes, they were closed...but it was just so adorable. I said whoa you surprised me...and he giggled and said I'm sneaky like that.
  6. Senior Member

We are going on an overnight trip this weekend and he picked out the hotel because he knew I was stressing over the decision. He won't tell me where or what type room he got either all I know is he said "resort" when he was talking about it. So excited!
    Last edited by Sushi; 05-02-2014 at 02:48 PM.
  7. Senior Member
    and.....awesome thread idea charlie.
  8. Senior Member
    DH bought me a coach purse on Monday. Of course, we did just buy him a new car, so a $300 purse is chunk change compared to a $60,000 luxury vehicle. I thought it was really nice of him. He knows that I'm picky when it comes to purses. I prefer black, cross body, and not too big but not too small. He also wanted one that was "grown up" looking because I look like a teenager. He got one that matches my criteria and his, which means he actually listens to random things I say. I learned he has good taste in coach purses too, a very great trait to have in a man.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    That would be nice

This is totally gross but DH has been picking up the dog poop for me since every time I try to I start gagging

Also, Charlie, my great-grandfather was Swedish and when my grandma was in high school here in America, she took Norwegian because she thought since the countries were close the languages would be close enough that she could speak to him. Your DB reminded me of that, it's one of my favorite stories my grandma has told me about her parents.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRNemo View Post
    That would be nice

This is totally gross but DH has been picking up the dog poop for me since every time I try to I start gagging

Also, Charlie, my great-grandfather was Swedish and when my grandma was in high school here in America, she took Norwegian because she thought since the countries were close the languages would be close enough that she could speak to him. Your DB reminded me of that, it's one of my favorite stories my grandma has told me about her parents.
    You ladies sure do have some sweet husbands/boyfriends!

That's really sweet.. and it is. I speak/understand Norweigan too.
    If you're too proud to follow rivers, how are you ever gonna find the sea?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast