Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Implanon

1. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing

Implanon

Advertisements
    Yesterday finally was my appointment for my implanon.
    My appointment was a 9AM and I was there at 8AM for the preparing like lab test and explanation.. at 10AM my implanon was still not in my arm because my Birthday is wrong in the system and they didnt know what to do..

Why it is wrong in system because the lady from deers typed it in wrong in the first place.. In Germany we say day/month/year and so it does stand in my passport... so she switched the day and the month.. We fixed it as soon as we saw it in November 2013. I got a new ID card and I honestly never had a problem with it, till yesterday

So I was in this room with 4 nurses 2 doctors they all tried to figure out what they gonna do with the wrong birthday.. They finally came to the idea to call DH at the Pentagon to confirm that I am who I am...

They finally anesthetized my arm and not even 5 mins later the implanon was in my arm..
    hmmm almost 2 hours of waiting just because of a wrong birthday that is actually changed in deers but not in the system the clinic used.

This morning I removed the bandage and it just looks I hate bruises haha
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I hope you like Implanon! I got my latest one 14 days ago and there is still some bruise. I can take a picture if you want
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

the military and their mistakes...it's like once it's in the system wrong, it's written in stone. They have me listed as two separate dependents for DH, once with my maiden name and once with my married name. No one knows how to fix it

My first implanon bruised pretty badly for a few weeks but my second one hardly bruised at all. I hope it heals fast for you!
  4. Senior Member
    Oh the military...

Did it hurt?
  5. my kitchen is for dancing
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    Oh the military...

Did it hurt?
    nope not at all. they numbed the part and it is more like thicker needle and they place it with this needle in your arm..

Im happy now because I dont need to think about my pill every day and it is good for 3 years.. DH and talked about what is the best way also the best way for us when he goes out in October and maybe money is tighter. So we do not need to think about birth control for the next 3 years.

Lucky everyone got bruises
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
  6. Senior Member
    Do those who have the implanon like it? I have been thinking about getting one. How do they take it out?

Is there any research about fertility/infertility effects with implanon?
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Do those who have the implanon like it? I have been thinking about getting one. How do they take it out?

I LOVE it. I plan on spending the rest of my life until menopause on it if I can. I know some women have problems with lots of spotting though. But it's super great for me. The fact that it doesn't have estrogen is great because I have high blood pressure which really increases my risk of stroke if I have estrogen containing medicines. They take it out by making a tiny cut right over one end, reaching in with tweezers, and pulling it out.

No idea about the fertility/infertility side effects as I don't plan on having wee ones but I haven't heard anything bad about it ever, and my doctor has never said fertility may be an issue after using it.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I like it. I'm on my second, and will probably get it again when this one is up in two years. Taking it out was grosser than I expected But really it wasn't bad. They just knick the insertion site with a scalpel and then push it out. The problem is it takes a bit of pushing because it's been in there for three years and some tissue grows on it. It didn't hurt though, it just took a lot more force and effort and time than I was expecting.

There's research....somewhere. I know they go over it before they give it to you, I just kind of tune it out because I don't plan to be pregnant but I don't think it's much different than any other hormonal BC with its risk of infertility afterwards.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I LOVE it. I plan on spending the rest of my life until menopause on it if I can. I know some women have problems with lots of spotting though. But it's super great for me. The fact that it doesn't have estrogen is great because I have high blood pressure which really increases my risk of stroke if I have estrogen containing medicines. They take it out by making a tiny cut right over one end, reaching in with tweezers, and pulling it out.

No idea about the fertility/infertility side effects as I don't plan on having wee ones but I haven't heard anything bad about it ever, and my doctor has never said fertility may be an issue after using it.
    I literally just had a class where they talked about the implanon today. No fertility issues at all based on research. Fertility can resume as soon as you take it out.

ETA: I quoted the wrong person and don't know how to change that sorry! Meant to answer the original question.
  10. my kitchen is for dancing

if I like it or not I can not tell I just got it yesterday but about the fertility and infertility effect. My doc told me it does not effect my fertility. If I want kids you can remove it, like you would stop with your pill.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast