Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cute proposals?

1. Senior Member

Cute proposals?

Advertisements
    Today I was at my DD's May Day program at school (it's a big thing in Hawaii) and everything was fine and good, the kids were cute, and at the end they had the faculty come up to do a hula dance. Well towards the end of the song one of the teachers got down on one knee and proposed to one of the other teachers!!

She said yes and it was great, a lot of the women in the audience started crying. I thought it was really cool since it was something unique, plus they had professional videographers there (they sell copies of the program to parents) so they'll always have that keepsake.

My DH proposed to me by painting a big "Will you marry me?" sign and had the ring around a paintbrush. I liked it and we still have the sign hanging on our wall.

Anyone else have any cute/unique stories?
    Last edited by mangofishy; 04-25-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: pic way too huge
  2. Senior Member

DH and I go to hockey games on a fairly regular basis. In the last 2 or 3 years, we've seen 5 proposals and a wedding

3. Banned
    Banned
    I've seen proposals at baseball games. Always thought they were cute until I found out that at least at Angels Stadium, it costs $20,000 to have that put on the board. I would be pissed.

I am not a fan of public proposals, to be honest. Maybe I am jaded because my ex proposed to me in a very public way and if it had been more private, I would have probably told him I wanted to wait a little bit, but since it was so public/all eyes on us I said yes.
  4. Senior Member
    Well it wasn't really cute, but last week I saw on the sign at a local hot dog restaurant "I'm sorry XXXX. Will you marry me?" I just thought it was weird that it was an apology and proposal in one. It didn't make me think it was cute. It made me wonder what he did lol.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My SO totally surprised me with his proposal. This is my second marriage. The first proposal was noting special. This time we were camping with his whole family (he is one of 5) and their families and in the middle of dinner everyone stops talking and he starts to sing some lines from Jason Aldean's song "No" and then he say a few words, gets down on his knee and pulls out the ring. I do not normally like being the center of attention like that but it was so sweet!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    I've seen proposals at baseball games. Always thought they were cute until I found out that at least at Angels Stadium, it costs $20,000 to have that put on the board. I would be pissed.

I am not a fan of public proposals, to be honest. Maybe I am jaded because my ex proposed to me in a very public way and if it had been more private, I would have probably told him I wanted to wait a little bit, but since it was so public/all eyes on us I said yes.
    This. So much this. I also do not think Proposals should be all that much of a surprise, except maybe exact day. In this day and age, there is too much to be discussed prior to getting engaged. Finances, children, etc.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    DH brought me back to the airport where we started our first date and proposed to me there while our friends got pictures of it. it was pretty much perfect.
  8. Regular Member
    I got to watch my brother propose to his now-wife, and it was pretty adorable. They came up here in the winter from FL to visit, and we all went snowmobiling. We waited at the end of the pier while they walked to the end of it to look at the pretty view (our big bridge all lit up at night, and all the gorgeous stars). Then he pointed across the way and was like "Look! More snowmobiles!" or something lame like that and when she turned to look, he dropped down on one knee. She turned back, all confused until she saw him kneeling in front of her...He popped the question, she said yes, we all starting snapping pictures...It was pretty cute
  9. Regular Member
    Travis took me on a day long scavenger hunt that went through all of the places that meant something to us. It ended at the zoo aquarium where my grandpa used to take me every year for my birthday before he passed. DH is insanely well organized and too thoughtful. It was one of the best days of my life.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamajoj View Post
    Travis took me on a day long scavenger hunt that went through all of the places that meant something to us. It ended at the zoo aquarium where my grandpa used to take me every year for my birthday before he passed. DH is insanely well organized and too thoughtful. It was one of the best days of my life.
    ^^ADORABLE. WAH.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast